• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM #110 help please

60 posts in this topic

I was going to say possibly a 6.5 but I suspect the spine is in worst shape than it looks. Too many cracks and the back cover looks a little funky. 7.5 maybe the day after CGC had their XMas party don't you think? Borock, dim the lights I have a hang over. confused-smiley-013.gif

One way to find out. Dan, send it to CGC. If it grades below 7.0 I will reimburse you the slabbing fee.

I think you are looking at around 7.5 unless there are surface impressions/thumb dings that don't show up in the scan. 5.5/6.0 is a joke. Come on, people. foreheadslap.gif

To the haters.... screwy.gif

Cool cover. I think Matt Murdock would give this a 6.5 or better!! I agree....7.0 very likely.

Just looked at 3 J.I.M.'s on the Link that were 7.5's and the spine stress on this book is generally in worst shape. I may have been off with my initial 6.0 assessment but a 6.5, 7.0 is probably the best case scenario. There is also an issue #84 (7.0) that looks very similar but the back cover is much cleaner and doesn't have the same amount of dings as this book. Send it in for grading it should be interesting. popcorn.gif

P.S. Send it "express". Look out FFB it may cost you "way more" than your anticipating. stooges.gif . 27_laughing.gif

boy, i was gonna say 6.5 also, assuming nothing hidden in the book itself.

i would definitely take FFB up on his offer though. mighty generous of him

Great book, Dan. Outstanding eye appeal, and looks real fresh. thumbsup2.gif

I'd say 7.0 due to the tear on the top edge BC, spine stresses and soft looking (at least on my laptop) TRC FC. Take a close look at the spine just to make sure there aren't a bunch of non-color breaking stresses to go along with the breaking ones. I could be wrong, but I think the tear might be the deal breaker that keeps it out of 7.5 unless it is a production defect.

I think you are looking at around 7.5 unless there are surface impressions/thumb dings that don't show up in the scan. 5.5/6.0 is a joke. Come on, people. foreheadslap.gif

We will see if he submits it to CGC. 7.5? I cannot see that happening.

We will see if he submits it to CGC. 7.5? I cannot see that happening.

screwy.gif Put me down for the 7.0 crowd, possibly a 7.5 Dan - nice copy thumbsup2.gif

Some people just can't read large scans 893scratchchin-thumb.gif