• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This why we can't have nice things.

80 posts in this topic

The VCC is of high interest to anyone who visits these sales threads, both sellers and buyers. Not everyone participates, sure,but everyone is welcome. Which is great.

I feel like - much like secret Santa - it is one of the communal events that makes this place so great, and promoting it should be encouraged for the 3-4 times a year it happens.

It would be nice if we could CELEBRATE the people who tirelessly organize these events rather than snipe at then in posts and imply that they are using the forums for personal gain.

Agreed...this is ridiculous. I suggest that the busybody button-humpers would be better served campaigning to get the ubiquitous Birthday threads moved from clogging up CG to the WC where they belong as they have absolutely nothing to do with comics. In my workplace, we celebrate everyone's birthday in the lunchroom around ye ole "water cooler", and not in someone's office. doh!

I just wanna pound sand

Thanks for all your VC work and all the others that put in time.

A VC announcement here, which is a board only special event makes sense.

Heck. I think it should be a sticky in every forum and if you button hump you should get an electric shock :sumo:

Now if we can just get the rules changed to allow it should be all set. :wishluck:

I've asked this before, how exactly does one get the rules changed around here, on anything ? I've been here for years and I still don't know what the process is. Who do you address with your petition ? Who exactly is in charge here ? Anytime I sent a message to a mod it just disappears.

BTW, kudos to Donut, I hope he comes back, we need him. I think those that complained in the first place need to get a life, seriously. doh!

Now if we can just get the rules changed to allow it should be all set. :wishluck:

I've asked this before, how exactly does one get the rules changed around here, on anything ? I've been here for years and I still don't know what the process is. Who do you address with your petition ? Who exactly is in charge here ? Anytime I sent a message to a mod it just disappears.

BTW, kudos to Donut, I hope he comes back, we need him. I think those that complained in the first place need to get a life, seriously. doh!

Gemma always responds to PMs. Maybe give her a try?

People complained about the VCC announcement?

Really?

Christonabike, there are some utter arsewipes around here... :facepalm:

:sorry:

i have a vested interest because i set up at the VCC but: charity threads, Secret Santa, VCC, are some of the best things here. FD & Shin should be lionized for the countless hours organizing and patiently answering questions every time one of these rolls around. we don't need another rule for every permutation of every possible event that could happen.

For the record I don't have any issue in the VCC announcement itself, it's the rules, but if this is to be part of the rules then by all means change it.

99% of the people want it changed then it's obvious.

By doing that it would maintain the integrity of these boards so people can know "what is and isn't acceptable here".

So that when a Noob places an announcement here in the future then we can point him to the updated rules that point out that only the VCC can make an announcement in the sales threads.

(thumbs u

For the record I don't have any issue in the VCC announcement itself, it's the rules, but if this is to be part of the rules then by all means change it.

99% of the people want it changed then it's obvious.

By doing that it would maintain the integrity of these boards so people can know "what is and isn't acceptable here".

So that when a Noob places an announcement here in the future then we can point him to the updated rules that point out that only the VCC can make an announcement in the sales threads.

(thumbs u

+1

Letting common sense prevail is going to be one hell of a difficult endeavor here.

I don't understand, either you don't have an issue or you do. If you don't have an issue why do you want to change the rules? You only want to change the rules because you do have an issue. For those of you that complained you should seek help for an OCD condition. This zero tolerance attitude for something like this is laughable. Karma will one day see you get a pedestrian ticket for jaywalking or perhaps being flatulent in public..

The VCC is a "board wide" function and should not fall into the rules about announcements.

It simply isn't the same as someone(noob or not) announcing his personal sales thread. There is a bigger picture here.

Just want to say thanks to Flying Donut for announcing yesterday. I've missed the last several VCCs because I just didn't know they were happening.

Disheartened to see all the hubbub today.

Just want to say thanks to Flying Donut for announcing yesterday. I've missed the last several VCCs because I just didn't know they were happening.

Disheartened to see all the hubbub today.

+1

I appreciate all of the hard work and time that goes into making the VCC happen.