• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 1 Results

40 posts in this topic

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest Round 1 Results

BK 1: Avengers #57 - Actual Grade: 8.0

BK 2: World's Finest #88 - Actual Grade: 6.5

Link to Books and Scans

Round 1 Grade Breakdowns

Round_1-Breakdowns.png

2015 Grading Contest: Round 1 Results - Leader Board

Round_1-Leaders.png

Round 1 COMMENTARY

Once again, into the breach. :acclaim:

Congrats to Andahaion, LordRahl, mccollect, old_dano, and SNiPER for starting off strong with DOUBLE BULLSEYES! :applause::applause:

1950's war comics, Action252Kid, Diaolos, jcjames, Mr.TawkyTawny, NinjaSealed, Richard The Man, rjpb, Thanos88, and thehumantorch.... Consider this a WAKE UP CALL! :makepoint:

This is not your ordinary Grading Contest!

Familiarize yourselves with the stats. These are only the beginning! :eek:

Round TWO starts now! :sumo:

2015 Grading Contest Update:

Skynwalker's Grade was not recorded correctly. He actually scored 2 points for Round 1. The charts have been updated accordingly.

We regret the error. :sorry:

lol

As always, there's only so much you can do when grading from a scan. This particular book was extremely tight, not floppy or loose. Obviously a scan won't show that and that tightness will be considered when giving any book a grade.

I gave the World's Finest an eye appeal bump to 6.5 as the inks appeared to be really electric. If the colors had looked dead I would have gone with 5.5 to 6.0.

Bombed completely on the Avengers; it looked a midgrade to me. I was pretty sure the mess on both sides crossed the magical line from foxing to staining, but oops, guess not.

I gave the World's Finest an eye appeal bump to 6.5 as the inks appeared to be really electric. If the colors had looked dead I would have gone with 5.5 to 6.0.

Bombed completely on the Avengers; it looked a midgrade to me. I was pretty sure the mess on both sides crossed the magical line from foxing to staining, but oops, guess not.

The half-erased writing on the WF and the front & back foxing on the AV threw me off - I really undergraded them.

I even compared the AV57 to my own AV57 7.0 side-by-side and thought "There is no way this is even close to a 7.0".

(shrug)