• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which of these comics would you rather have...

37 posts in this topic

FF 52 no brainer. Better, more important character. Much cleaner in terms of keyness as well. Thor #165 is just one in a series of debatable semi-milestone issues for Warlock. FF #52 is where it is at for Black Panther, period. I don't think grade even matters.

FF 52. True first appearance key for Black Panther, and the Lee / Kirby team at their peak.

Neither. Both books are massively expensive considering much more reasonably priced interesting alternatives.

If you are choosing between those two books, you are probably just jumping on the hype bandwagon rather than collecting something that actually interests you.

Or is there anyone championing Thor #165?

No way, and FF 52 for the win!

If you like Warlock, then buy Marvel Premiere #1 and leave the 2nd appearance of that Speedo-wearing caveman prototype for the deluded SA fanboys.

If it has to be one, I'd do the FF52, for all the reasons above (more established character's 1st ap).

What's the impetus for deciding between these two books?

I'd rather put my money in other books that are in your collecting interest that haven't gotten movie-hot.

So what's the collecting interest that has you looking at these two books?

One might like Thor #165 for the cover, but the story is really almost ininfluential in the development of Warlock as a character.

No joke, especially since Warlock didn't actually exist until Marvel Premiere #1. They just used Him as a prototype base to ensure Marvel owned the copyright.

One might like Thor #165 for the cover, but the story is really almost ininfluential in the development of Warlock as a character.

No joke, especially since Warlock didn't actually exist until Marvel Premiere #1. They just used Him as a prototype base to ensure Marvel owned the copyright.

Please, don’t keep repeating this, because although Warlock is a fully developed character, that is basically not true.

We have already been there, me with my persistent reasoning and you with your childish "roughness" (which in some cases is fun and appropriate anyway) – you know I more than often agree with your valid points, but the very first, original story, introducing "Him" is a fully accomplished endeavor, and pretty meaningful for that matter, in its own right. For many reasons. The fact that he is developed in a fully mature character as it is Warlock afterwords does not alter the fact: they are the same character.

My despise for the two Thor books comes just from the fact the story has little relevance, and they do not hold the importance that their "monetary trending" have somewhat declared.

And as I have already explained: "Him" features are modeled after a greek-roman canon of statuary beauty, and there is a reason for this. And no, these are not "speedos"… :P

If it has to be one, I'd do the FF52, for all the reasons above (more established character's 1st ap).

I'd rather put my money in other books that are in your collecting interest that haven't gotten movie-hot.

This sounds like a thread about a potential trade, and the OP is trying to decide whether or not he'll get the better end of the deal.

This sounds like a thread about a potential trade, and the OP is trying to decide whether or not he'll get the better end of the deal.

ah, I thought it was more like I have $900 and Im trying to decide between these two books..