• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Uncut Covers ?

5 posts in this topic

hi.gif I just noiticed a seller on ebay has alot of old Marvel Covers that are uncut and never been stapled on comics ASM 129 cover listing .

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Well I was wandering how some one would get these?

confused-smiley-013.gifWere they maybe left overs from the printing plant or maybe samples for marvel to check their cover colors?

gossip.gif Does anyone on hear know the story behind these?

confused.gif Is it poisble that they are fake?

feb74_29_1.jpg

hi.gif I just noiticed a seller on ebay has alot of old Marvel Covers that are uncut and never been stapled on comics ASM 129 cover listing .

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Well I was wandering how some one would get these?

confused-smiley-013.gifWere they maybe left overs from the printing plant or maybe samples for marvel to check their cover colors?

gossip.gif Does anyone on hear know the story behind these?

confused.gif Is it poisble that they are fake?

feb74_29_1.jpg

Probably from the printers. I've bought some other covers from this seller such as the MP 15 and the Ghost Rider 1. They are real but he has many multiples of all the ones that he has been selling. Sold a lot of them last year.

We've got a couple of printing experts here on the boards, hopefully, they will chime in shortly.

My only question is "if the cover was unused then, why was it folded along with the other supposed bundle of covers?" wouldn't it be simpler storage for the Unused covers to be stored "flat"?

Interesting question cosmic-spidey.

Oh, and the grade give by the seller is F+ 27_laughing.gif Is there really a need for a F+ cover for this book?.

these are kinda tempting....

one the one hand, if figure i could do the same thing with my scanner and printer at home and call them uncut sheets...but then i look at what he has to offer, some interesting covers, but nothing really earth shattering...

i esp like the iron man cover...

very tempting...