• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, MARVEL may have a P.R. Nightmare on they're hands.

33 posts in this topic

RUMOR: CONSERVATIVE AGITATOR CHARLES C. JOHNSON TO TARGET MARVEL'S IKE PERLMUTTER, POSSIBLY REVEALING RICH JOHNSTON'S BIG SECRET

To read the full story...

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/131628-rumor-conservative-agitator-charles-c-johnson-to-target-marvels-ike-perlmutter-possibly-reveal-rich-johnstons-big-secret.html

Last week in an interview on The Anthony Cumia Show, conservative provocateur and GotNews.com founder Charles. C. Johnson revealed plans to reveal a corruption scandal involving "the billionaire behind Marvel Studios," which probably refers to Marvel CEO Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter, though Perlmutter is not mentioned by name:

I'm doing something on the marvel studio guy. It turns out there's a big corruption case with the billionaire behind Marvel Studios. Long and short of it is he's not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy. It's gonna be really exciting. He's targeting this other billionaire for destruction. I've got all these private detectives sending me stuff on it.

That's admittedly vague, but it does stir up some interesting connections, if we're willing to take a left turn on Speculation Boulevard and follow it all the way to the big house on Rumor Street. In case you're wondering, that's the address of Bleeding Cool, where, back in 2012, rumormonger Rich Johnston claimed that he was in possession of a "secret" about a top level executive at one of comics Big Two publishers that would cause irrevocable damage to one of the industry if revealed:

There are many stories that I don't and haven't run for [because I'm trying to do good]. . . . For example, I have one story that could completely and utterly doom one of the Big Two because of the actions of a senior executive many years ago before they came to the company. But if I ran it, that company would have to be shut down, it would be completely tainted, like the News Of The World. If I was a proper journalist, I'd run it. But it would cripple the comics industry and put hundreds out of work. So it stays hidden.

Disney\MarvelTHIS BOARD has way too many attorneys. lol

fixed :banana:

My wife is a paralegal for a group attorneys,and she says they are the most unorganized,talk out their azzes,BSers you would ever know.If it wasn't for the paralegals doing all the work they wouldn't know their azzes from a hole in the wall. lol

Pretty sure Perlmutter is Disney's biggest individual shareholder (or one of) after the buy-out of Marvel. So forcing him out no matter how awful it is (short of there being some sort of clause for immoral or illegal behavior & charges or something as part of that contract) might be a nightmare.

Pretty sure Perlmutter is Disney's biggest individual shareholder (or one of) after the buy-out of Marvel. So forcing him out no matter how awful it is (short of there being some sort of clause for immoral or illegal behavior & charges or something as part of that contract) might be a nightmare.
What I'd LOVE to know is how bad is it that it would hurt Marvel's brand. hm

As Ike has done less than even Stan Lee to build the Marvel brand, I don't see it hurting it at all.

Exactly. I mean, did he specifically seek out slave-labor to produce books & cartoons & merch while crediting other creators when they were published/produced & then force Joe Q and the rest of the Marvel higher-ups ,with guns to their head while wearing an SS uniform, to burn the building down with them all stuck inside or something?

It's not like they could hurt the brand by bringing to light all the ways talent was screwed out of rights whenever possible by Marvel (or DC for that matter) since we've been hearing about that for decades.

Seriously... how do you hurt a brand with your own actions? Unless you're the face of the brand & we all know that Ike has never been the public face of the Marvel brand.

Even if he is a major shareholder, I'd say Disney would separate themselves from him if they felt their brand being threatened. When this goes public I might have to buy some stock....

Question is though... how? If he's the largest single shareholder, how do you really distance yourself from him? That's a serious load of cache & power to hold. Especially for a noted megalomaniac like Perlmutter that has been rumored to issue some not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy edicts & fire people over the tiniest of infractions. I'm pretty sure the guy is on the board. And yeah, they can vote him off... but beyond that, without their being some sort of clause attached to his stock from the Marvel purchase where they can reclaim or buy-back at a set price if X thing happens... I don't know how much you really can distance yourself outside of public statements.

There are many stories that I don't and haven't run for [because I'm trying to do good]. . . . For example, I have one story that could completely and utterly doom one of the Big Two because of the actions of a senior executive many years ago before they came to the company. But if I ran it, that company would have to be shut down, it would be completely tainted, like the News Of The World. If I was a proper journalist, I'd run it. But it would cripple the comics industry and put hundreds out of work. So it stays hidden. [/i]

This Johnson guy has delusions of grandeur. Even if he has something really major on a particular executive—something that makes Ariel Castro look like a choir boy—the consequences would still come down primarily on that exec. He'd get fired, Marvel or DC (or whatever company) would hire somebody new, and before long it would be business as usual.

Even if he is a major shareholder, I'd say Disney would separate themselves from him if they felt their brand being threatened. When this goes public I might have to buy some stock....

Question is though... how? If he's the largest single shareholder, how do you really distance yourself from him? That's a serious load of cache & power to hold. Especially for a noted megalomaniac like Perlmutter that has been rumored to issue some not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy edicts & fire people over the tiniest of infractions. I'm pretty sure the guy is on the board. And yeah, they can vote him off... but beyond that, without their being some sort of clause attached to his stock from the Marvel purchase where they can reclaim or buy-back at a set price if X thing happens... I don't know how much you really can distance yourself outside of public statements.

All Disney has to do is test the waters. If something big comes out against Perlmutter, they relieve him of duties on any boards and fire him. That alone should be enough to quiet the storm unless joe q. public thinks that him owning a majority of shares gives him ultimate control (which it doesn't). If his firing doesn't do enough to separate them they would figure out something. Speculating what his severance package might be worth would be enough to deflect most people off the subject probably.

"Basically, like Jimmy Savile, I have to wait for him to die. BTW, it's worse than Jimmy Savile."

Yeesh... Can't really put my head around what would be "worse" than Jimmy Savile.

Whoa! Not a nice fella that's for sure.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Savile

Understatement of the century.