• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing SPiderman #1---Bound

126 posts in this topic

Guys i need your help. I stubbled across an Amazing Spiderman #1 bound in a book. Was wondering what its worth? Does it have serious value if its in great shape just bound in the binding? Please any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all

Ok boys and girls here is whats bound all together in this volume….im trying to sell it and would like to know any ideas of value

Amazing Spiderman #1

Fantastic Four #1

Daredevil #1

Daredevil King size #1

Iron man and sub mariner #1

Iron man #1

Iron man king size #1

Sub mariner king size #1

Astonishing tales #1

Captain marvel #1

Ghost rider #1

Amazing adventures #1

Inhumans and black widow #1

Forever people #1

Where creatures roam #1

Chamber of darkness #1

Where monsters dwell #1

Fantasy Masterpieces #1

Not brand echh #1

Spoof #1

There are 20 total all bound together, let me know what you all think. Thanks guys

Well, thats quite a find.

I think you'll need to very carefully assess exactly how they are bound into the volume, glued or stitched, extent of trim etc. Can they be removed without extensive damage to the spines...

Then if they are unbound and graded, everyone would come back as trimmed and with, I assume, quite substantial spine damage.

Normally I'd say never unbind comics once they're bound, but because of the number of key high value comics, it might actually work out in this case.

If they are all in mid-high grade i think they'd be quite a large market for the book as a whole anyway.

Do you have it in hand? Can you provide pics? i think everyone would like to see it.

If they haven't been trimmed, then its a whole different ball game.

It's not in hand but I'll get pics for everyone In the next couple days. I'll take all the Notea from what I c and take as any pics as I can. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks for the response man that was great. Keep them coming guys. Hope they r not trimmed but if they are it's still a great find just with the asm, ff and daredevil alone I'm this group.

At a guess they were bound back in the 70's, and it's an interesting mix for sure. I'd guess that a fair retail, depending on how much trimming, would be in the neighborhood of 1/4 to 1/3 of the apparent graded book price...but that's a WAG

Certainly, if unbound and not TOO badly chewed on the spines, 1 2 3 5 and 6 would sell as individual issues, but I think kool is right, there's probably a good marked for the book as is.

Now just WHAT is that Forever People 1 doing in the middle of all those Marvels? lol

Thank you all for all your comments and help so far. I'm going to try and get pics up today and more info for you guys. Once we can determine value I'll most likely sell it in the comic books silver age section here. Thank you all.

Thank you. Yeah I'm trying to figure what to do. Depending on condition which I'm examining today there could be a ton of value there just in the 4-5 big keys in there. Ill post pics and let people guess on value. Thanks

Ok boys and girls here is whats bound all together in this volume….im trying to sell it and would like to know any ideas of value

Amazing Spiderman #1

Fantastic Four #1

Daredevil #1

Daredevil King size #1

Iron man and sub mariner #1

Iron man #1

Iron man king size #1

Sub mariner king size #1

Astonishing tales #1

Captain marvel #1

Ghost rider #1

Amazing adventures #1

Inhumans and black widow #1

Forever people #1

Where creatures roam #1

Chamber of darkness #1

Where monsters dwell #1

Fantasy Masterpieces #1

Not brand echh #1

Spoof #1

There are 20 total all bound together, let me know what you all think. Thanks guys

:takeit: