• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best way to sell keys/hot books?

28 posts in this topic

Tell the future wife,to deal with no ring.

Make sure you tell her that your books were there before she was,and they will be there long after she leaves.

Welcome to the boards! (thumbs u

I use to be of the mind that my wife should just be happy if I got her a brass band because the ring means nothing. I especially felt this way after being divorced. And for some reason I'm buying a a 2k ring tomorrow... It just feels insulting to get her less after shes seen what I spend on comic books lol

Apparently y'all haven't met freecharlie's wife…. :baiting:

Guess I'll ask a different question:

Can you expect at least 50% of ebay prices when selling keys (NM98, GSXM1, UXM266, ASM238, etc etc) at a con?

How about Harley Quinn/Infinity Gauntlet books?

Things of that nature?

You should be able to get about 75% of value for keys like NM98 and GSX1. Take them to the next decent sized show and shop them around.

Guess I'll ask a different question:

Can you expect at least 50% of ebay prices when selling keys (NM98, GSXM1, UXM266, ASM238, etc etc) at a con?

How about Harley Quinn/Infinity Gauntlet books?

Things of that nature?

You should be able to get about 75% of value for keys like NM98 and GSX1. Take them to the next decent sized show and shop them around.

Agreed. Understand that everyone is forever in search of hot books to put up on their wall, those are expected to sell same-day. Out of respect for the dealer's time, before you show them the books, just be clear that you're shopping the collection around for the best price, and intend to show everyone, so there are no hard feelings.

Also, you might able to get a bit more in store credit if you're trading a 'hot book' for something that might be worth more but less 'hot'.

Big thanks to thehumantorch and Finecollector; really appreciate the info.

Also, thanks to everyone who responded; it is appreciated. :)

I get no thanks,fine.........son of a.......,...holy Mary mother of..............Good for nothing ...........cheese and crackers........... :taptaptap::eyeroll:

lol

There are a TON of comic shops here in the Bay Area... Every time I turn around a new one pops up... AND every single one of them buys "keys"

I'm pretty sure that they are all looking to stock up before the the Con