• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Weird Suspenstories Rarest EC Comic Books??

10 posts in this topic

Attached are pix of my copies of Weird Suspenstories # 1-3

Any info or feedback on these books would be appreciated.

I've never seen this, but it appears to be a Canadian version. But I was unaware that they ever changed the titles. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Jeff

Attached are pix of my copies of Weird Suspenstories # 1-3

Any info or feedback on these books would be appreciated.

Well they are in mentioned in the Overstreet price guide. blush.gif

News to me, I learn something everyday!

Jeff

Very cool! I don't think I've seen all three covers in color before, IIRC these were covered in an old CBM. It's my understanding that this was the only Canadian reprint with a title change - making it highly desirable for collectors of EC esoterica. I seem to remember one of the issues going for silly money on ebay a while back. I guess all the Canadian reprints are harder to come by than the originals - that might explain why I got full guide for a Canadian Weird Fantasy I sold on ebay a few years ago, which surprised me.

Were the Weird SuspenStories put out by Superior? Thanks for posting.

Yes, the Canadians put a halt to the use of the word "Crime" on the comic covers.

These Canadian editions almost never come up for sale, it seems like.

I don't know if Superior was putting them out or not, but if not it looks like whoever was doing it was at least using the same printer as Superior! That cover color and quality look dead-on Superior! Those crazy Canucks! crazy.gif