• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Cons and Submitting to CGC

10 posts in this topic

Folks,

What do you think about submitting directly to CGC at a Con? The Wizard Con in Long Beach is in drivable distance for me in March, and I have a number of ASMs I want graded. Any thoughts? I would think the savings on shipping would be a good deal. Also, there would be reduced chance of damage in the mail. Of course, I'm not sure how CGC gets them from the Con to Florida...

Also, I have a bunch of CGC books but I have never submitted any. Should I join the collectors club for the free submissions?

Thanks!

V/R,

Mike

I think it'd be a pretty good deal to have them done at a Con. I was under the impression that they do the grading at the Con, like a walk-in submission. I could be very very wrong though.

I know my LCS owner was a little upset that CGC didn't show up at Wizard World Texas this past year.

Mike,

I recommend it. You will save $$ on shipping your comics to us. Your books are insured once they are in our possession. We pack them like they are china and (knock on wood) have not had anything go wrong shipping books back from a show.

They collector's society might be for you. Ask about it at the show and decide then. confused-smiley-013.gif

See you there,

Paul

Hey Paul,

Can people join the CS on-site at shows and submit using their three coupons immediately?

Thanks!

You can join the collectors sociery at the con, but they do not have the coupons there. You will recieve a packet in the mail after you sign up that will have the coupons included.