• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southern Bastards optioned to FX

39 posts in this topic

SCALPED was picked up by WGN last year? I don't believe a time line from pick up to tv can be achieved under 2 years. Remember walking dead took 5 Years.

The Strain?

Daredevil?

Talking about big budget production houses in Netflix + Marvel and FX - Don't get me wrong but I'm pretty sure 2 years min is not out of the norm for most programs.

The difference is the term "optioned". When some things are optioned they come with a writer and/or producer. Sometimes it takes a year to get those two on board. That's where the real difference comes into play.

Guillermo Del Torro turned his -script in for the Justice League Dark movie in Nov. last year and nothing has been announced since then.

Aaron and LaTour will adapt the pilot and serve as executive producers on the series.

Aaron and LaTour will adapt the pilot and serve as executive producers on the series.

Yea, do they have a background in something like this? If not, you're looking at some time just learning the whole process.

TV announcement day is for fun and speculating...not for depressing discussions of whether the show will ever actually air.

Agreed. It is also a good day to sell stock that hasn't moved in a month!

SCALPED was picked up by WGN last year? I don't believe a time line from pick up to tv can be achieved under 2 years. Remember walking dead took 5 Years.

The Strain?

Daredevil?

Talking about big budget production houses in Netflix + Marvel and FX - Don't get me wrong but I'm pretty sure 2 years min is not out of the norm for most programs.

The difference is the term "optioned". When some things are optioned they come with a writer and/or producer. Sometimes it takes a year to get those two on board. That's where the real difference comes into play.

Guillermo Del Torro turned his -script in for the Justice League Dark movie in Nov. last year and nothing has been announced since then.

I thought that earlier this year Del Torro said he would not be pursuing JL Dark due to Pacific Rim developments and other ideas he was involved with.

Dang, I knew I should have picked up more #1s. If any book screams to be a TV show it is Southern Bastards. It has the potential to be a really good show as long as they don't water it down. But if Aaron and LaTour are involved hopefully that won't be the case.

TV announcement day is for fun and speculating...not for depressing discussions of whether the show will ever actually air.

Sorry to bring things back to reality....carry on

I thought that earlier this year Del Torro said he would not be pursuing JL Dark due to Pacific Rim developments and other ideas he was involved with.

I think he is just saying that he can't commit to directing it because, well, they haven't told him anything and it's not an official movie yet.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/02/guillermo-del-toro-offers-update-on-justice-league-dark

Very happy about this. Not only do I love the book, I have a metric ton of #1s that have been tucked away.

Great news! Going to be a very sad show mid season I reckon

So does everyone else

38,029, kinda high

Very happy about this. Not only do I love the book, I have a metric ton of #1s that have been tucked away.

So does everyone else

38,029, kinda high

Is that total or from subtracting all the #1 variants?

So does everyone else

38,029, kinda high

Total initial order. I'm pretty sure that's not going to account for a lot of the variants.

So does everyone else

38,029, kinda high

Total initial order. I'm pretty sure that's not going to account for a lot of the variants.

You're wrong....

EVERYTHING sold through Diamond US counts....

So does everyone else

38,029, kinda high

You're wrong....

Thanks for your opinion as usually Larry. So all of the con variants that they bring with them are accounted for at Diamond?

That's what I thought. I read somewhere that there was the Heroes con was the only 1,000 print #1 but I thought that was the case with several of the variants. Does anyone know which other books were 1000 print runs ? I can't find the article.

So does everyone else

38,029, kinda high

You're wrong....

Thanks for your opinion as usually Larry. So all of the con variants that they bring with them are accounted for at Diamond?

Not really an "opinion"

Just a fact that's been posted time & time again...

Comichron print runs = Everything sold through Diamond US at the time of Final order cutoff.

NOT books sold through Diamond uk

Publisher comps...

Overprint for Diamond for sales.

Overprint for Diamond to cover damages.

Publisher exclusives.

Creator orders....

Sorry to bunch your panties, that I actually know a thing or two ...

I know.. It might conflict something posted on "Baby Trey's" site where you're a moderator...

And stuff.