• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Sacramento -- June 16-18, 2017

20 posts in this topic

This was utterly one of the worst cons I've ever been to. This is only WW third year in Sac and it's on a steep decline regarding quality. Probably a 1/3 to 1/2 of the usual vendors weren't there. So what does WW do? Move the video and card gaming to the maim area to act as filler. I was done with this show about 45 minutes in.

Keep in mind there is probably 3-4 other bigger shows in the US going on, but this was just pathetic.

This was utterly one of the worst cons I've ever been to. This is only WW third year in Sac and it's on a steep decline regarding quality. Probably a 1/3 to 1/2 of the usual vendors weren't there. So what does WW do? Move the video and card gaming to the maim area to act as filler. I was done with this show about 45 minutes in.

Keep in mind there is probably 3-4 other bigger shows in the US going on, but this was just pathetic.

I agree. It was a terrible show and a waste of money to get in. Barely any comics. I ended up driving to the A-1 Comics store and took advantage of a 50% on back issues sale. Saved my day.

I went to this show last year which I felt was ok considering there were quite a few dealers in the room. This year I was shocked to only see 3-4 booths with any amount of comics. I found mostly bargain books in dollar bins but otherwise it was very bleak.

Couldn't agree more. I went the 1st and 2nd year and they were not bad. This year was horrible. 3-4 comic dealers and they did not have much stuff. No CGC. People seemed happy to see the movie stars and celebrities but I came for the comics and there was nothing.

I bought a weekend pass and was done in 1 hour in the exhibit hall. Not going back either.

After these poor reviews I figured they'd be cancelling this one for 2017, but it's on the schedule...

Depending on the line up I'll probably go again, but will only go on a Sunday. I can probably bring my kids and not worry about foot traffic.