• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$1475 for a CGC graded Detective 33 partial cover??

29 posts in this topic

Now at $1500 with hours to go.

I'm curious, as the original seller on the Boards, to see what it goes for.

Congrats to action252kid for recognizing a bargain and snapping it up within minutes of me offering it.

A friend of mine has a nice coverless copy.

Gonna have to let him know about this.

Any thoughts as to what the marriage would be worth?

Married with a matching back cover would get a qualified 1.0. Restored could be up to extensive 6.0-7.0.

He bought the coverless copy here about a year (and a half?) ago, and I thought it was a great pick-up. I'd love to see a real cover on it!

Sounds like it would make financial sense, too.

He bought the coverless copy here about a year (and a half?) ago, and I thought it was a great pick-up. I'd love to see a real cover on it!

Sounds like it would make financial sense, too.

That's got to be one I sold here on the boards then. Are the back pages covered by bug chews?

What is it worth if you have a coverless?

That depends .... you still wouldn't have a BACK cover & with such a large piece missing from the front cover, it'd require quite a bit of restoration. So I guess, initial coverless cost + front cover cost & eventual back cover cost & finally restoration cost ..... difficult to know if you'd actually come out ahead going this route or simply attaching a laser color copy for next to nothing. Just my 2c

Last sale on Heritage was a 6.0 EP for $14340...

Boom! If you have a coverless, you can marry a back cover from Action 18 which is cheap. Spend $2000 on resto and you will have a 6.0 or 7.0 EP.