• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Tomb Of Dracula #1 - "She's a beauty"

27 posts in this topic

I'm thinking 7.5 now...but a possible 8.0 after the press...mostly because of the kinks on the front beside the spine. A beauty though, nice corners.

How in the world is that an 8.0 from what you see in the scan? ???

I'm not prepared to assume the ticks along the spine will completely disappear after the press. This will be the risk he's taking.

Now, if I were him, I'd take a look at the 34 points you have so far in the grading contest along with the 16 I've earned to date. He can decide which opinion he values the most and act accordingly. Regardless, I stand by my opinion and am most certainly entitled to it. :)

For what it's worth, I think you're correct in that those color breaking tics along the spine are not going to go away with a press.

I've seen 9.2 books with similar spine ticks. Looks to be two small tears on the middle of the FC near Dracula's cape. If that's the case, I don't think it'll touch 9.2.

8.5/9.0.

But still a fantastic deal. Slightly OT, but you could just post it on the bay etc raw instead of getting it slabbed. The difference on GPA between an 8.5 and a 9.2 is currently $50+. So factor in grading fees etc, you could easily make your money selling it raw without the cost of a press and slab.

I also see the tears along the right edge.

Do I also see a tiny crease in the lower right corner?