• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very Sad News Earl Norem passed away

27 posts in this topic

We lost a great artist, Earl Norem passed away on June 19th. He is one of the greatest artists out there known for his fantastic painted covers for Various magazines.

I love his art and he as a kind man by all accounts.

Ugh, that is sad news--as a kid especially, Norem's art always made such a strong impression on me. His Conan was awesome but I also really loved his "tough" portrayals of the Marvel heroes...

SSOC, Rampaging Hulk, Tales of the Zombie, etc. Every cover he touched was magic.

I still don't own anything by him, but there are 3 searches I usually run Jusko, Larkin, and Norem. I never realized until about a year ago that he painted the He-Man books I grew up with the same time I was being read little Golden Books (the benefit of having an older brother). Even as a 3 or 4 year old I knew who ever painted those He-Man stories could paint one hell of a sexy woman.

Really sad day. In my opinion, he made Marvels's mag division back in the day. A complete workhorse who was able to deliver BOTH quantity and quality. RIP.