• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I'm Watching Penny Dreadful.....

66 posts in this topic

The pace of the season seemed to change right around when Ethan and Hecate arrived at his father's place. I thought they would drag that out a bit longer and have Ethan move more towards the "dark side of the force" until the end of the season. After that episode everything seemed to be smashed together to tie up the series. It is too bad as I was so looking forward to seeing Mr. Hyde on a rampage.

I wanted to see some more Perdita Weeks.

I agree. They could have easily had her step in for Eva Green. Vanessa Ives could have sacrificed herself in order to save the others from Dracula and they could have moved on with Weeks and delved further into Jekyll and Hyde for next season. As is, both Frankenstein story lines this season seemed like a waste with loose ends that weren't properly tied up. (shrug)

I wanted to see some more Perdita Weeks.

I agree. They could have easily had her step in for Eva Green. Vanessa Ives could have sacrificed herself in order to save the others from Dracula and they could have moved on with Weeks and delved further into Jekyll and Hyde for next season. (shrug)

I think the problem with this show is that while I'm watching it, I find myself saying "I would have made this directing choice or that one instead" or "why did they write it like this when they obviously should have done this?" to the point where I stop enjoying the anticipation of what comes next, but rather dread the missed opportunities. There are worse shows with more sins of course, but I can shut my mind off completely for those, but this show is produced well enough that I wonder why sometimes it isn't, and generally smart enough to wonder why it isn't always smarter.

I'm not sure if others feel this way, but I feel like it didn't reach its peak potential in viewers as result of not reaching its peak directorial and plot potentials.

* Note: Only made it through two seasons.

* Note 2: Its a million times better than Ray Donovan, how is that show still on the air?

So, I just started watching this season. I'm a little behind, but one thing popped into my head as I watched. Mind you, I just finished episode 1. If this has been brought up I apologize. Is the Cut Wife related to Tarzan? Don't they both have the same last name? Also, the scene on the boat with the child was heart breaking. The creature is quickly becoming a favorite.