• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I'm Watching Penny Dreadful.....

66 posts in this topic

Season 3, Episode 1 was really a nice start to what could be a great season.

- Dr. Victor Frankenstein

- Frankenstein's Monster

- Doctor Jekyll

- Dr. Seward from Bram Stoker's Dracula

- Ethan 'Werewolf' Chandler/Talbot (Larry Talbot was the original cinema Wolf-Man)

- Sir Malcolm Murray

- Vanessa Ives with her witchcraft ways

And there is more coming.

5 Books You Must Read to Truly Get This Season of Penny Dreadful

Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu

:whee:

Season 3, Episode 1 was really a nice start to what could be a great season.

- Dr. Victor Frankenstein

- Frankenstein's Monster

- Doctor Jekyll

- Dr. Seward from Bram Stoker's Dracula

- Ethan 'Werewolf' Chandler/Talbot (Larry Talbot was the original cinema Wolf-Man)

- Sir Malcolm Murray

- Vanessa Ives with her witchcraft ways

Plus Dracula and Renfield...

This is the closest thing to an updated style of the old Universal Movies you'll ever get. AND they do some accurate depiction of the books, as well.

AND I always do appreciate Eva Greene... :cloud9:

This is the closest thing to an updated style of the old Universal Movies you'll ever get. AND they do some accurate depiction of the books, as well.

You are not kidding. That ending and that voice from Dracula was way cool!

You are not kidding. That ending and that voice from Dracula was way cool!

And eerily creepy!! :fear:

So I watched the first three episodes. Does it get better? There is some interesting parts of it, but mostly it's been boring. Just trying to figure out if I should keep at it for a good payoff, or if I'll get more of the same.

So I watched the first three episodes. Does it get better? There is some interesting parts of it, but mostly it's been boring. Just trying to figure out if I should keep at it for a good payoff, or if I'll get more of the same.
I started watching it after seeing this thread. I does start off slow. I just finished episode 6 today which was the most interesting thus far. I expect that it will get better. :wishluck:

I remember Breaking Bad starting off very slow too & got more exciting towards the end of the 1st season.

Keep going is all I can say. They take their time developing so many different characters but it is a great watch in the end. My wife loves the show, and she normally hates this type of content.

started watching it after seeing this thread. I does start off slow. I just finished episode 6 today which was the most interesting thus far. I expect that it will get better. :wishluck:

I remember Breaking Bad starting off very slow too & got more exciting towards the end of the 1st season.

Keep going is all I can say. They take their time developing so many different characters but it is a great watch in the end. My wife loves the show, and she normally hates this type of content.

They're right!

I've been watching it from the time it was first released. It takes a few episodes to speed up. But once it does, the ride is well worth it!

I think this season we meet the character that made one of the leads a werewolf. There is definitely a level of hate between them that is quite obvious.

:ohnoez:

Wow!

So the Frankenstein Monster had ties to Ms. Ives before becoming what he is now.

Another wild, adventurous week of storytelling! And now that Billie Piper's character (Lily) has started to assemble her dangerous women army, I imagine it will only get more exciting. Though the 'blood threesome' was quite the nasty ritual.

:applause:

Wow!

So the Frankenstein Monster had ties to Ms. Ives before becoming what he is now.

Another wild, adventurous week of storytelling! And now that Billie Piper's character (Lily) has started to assemble her dangerous women army, I imagine it will only get more exciting. Though the 'blood threesome' was quite the nasty ritual.

:applause:

Look forward to this show every Sunday... (thumbs u

Look forward to this show every Sunday... (thumbs u

You are not kidding! This season has been non-stop excitement and character reveals that tops the previous seasons.

:whee:

+1

It's my current favorite after "Game of Thrones."

I was ready to turn it off halfway through, but it picked up at the end. My question is this - what is possessing her if she can scare off both Lucifer and Dracula? She said her God is with her - is she possessed by another Angel? Or, something from an older religion?