• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Chicago Comic Collectors Dinner

71 posts in this topic

It's that time once again for collectors of all things comic to get together and indulge in dinner, drink and dance (okay, maybe not dance). Saturday August 22 at 8 PM at Gibson's Steakhouse, directly across the street from the convention center, is where you can meet and talk to such great comic luminaries as:

Neal Adams

Bernie Wrightson

Joe Jusko

Maggie Thompson

Michele Nolan

This is an evening for collectors of comics, OA, pulps, BLBs to meet and hang out, indulging our geek side. It's an opportunity for anyone to show off pieces they brought to the dinner from their collection, things they picked up at the con that day, or drool over once-in-a-lifetime books like:

Action 1

Tec 27

Comics from the top GA pedigrees (Church, Larson, San Fran, etc)

Details: Dinner is Saturday Aug 22nd at 8 PM. It'll be held in the Stephens Room (also referred to as the Fireplace Room). Doors will open at 7 PM to allow attendees to get properly liquored up before dinner :acclaim: It's a cash bar, by the way. The menu consists of the following:

House salad

Filet Mignon 14oz

T-Bone 20oz

WR Chicago Cut 22oz

Bone-In Sirloin 24oz

Broiled Salmon

Baked Potato

Vegetable Combination Platter

Coffee (regular and decaf), tea

*If you're thinking of attending and you're a vegetarian, please PM me

The cost is $80 per person. It's quite a bit of money, I understand, but you're getting Flintstones-sized cuts of beef, an opportunity to see and talk to comic book icons, and meet fellow collectors you'd otherwise never get a chance to. The privilege of meeting greggy is worth the price of admission ^^

Payment can be done via Paypal (PM me for details) or cash at the time of the dinner. The latter is preferable (cash at the dinner), but either is completely acceptable (thumbs u

Feel free to PM me with any questions

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones at this year's dinner

List of people attending the dinner

TheWatcher

centaurman

143ksk

Red84

BitterOldMan + 2

ghilliebear

catrick339

logan510 + Emily

lotemo

stevemmg + 1

1koko

moondog + 3

David Merriweather + 1

t3quila

JiveTurkeyMoFo

Autograph Chaser

joeypost

greggy

electricprune

Mike Sukow

Chuck Gower

Underthebigw

Filter81 + 2

I can't make it, :cry::cry::cry:, but thank you for setting this up. Hopefully next year. :wishluck:

Anyway, I have added a link to this thread in the first post of the event thread for the show to make it easy to find.

I can't make it, :cry::cry::cry:, but thank you for setting this up. Hopefully next year. :wishluck:

Anyway, I have added a link to this thread in the first post of the event thread for the show to make it easy to find.

It sucks that you can't make it, but thank you for linking to the thread (thumbs u