• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fun Times! Heroes Con Quickie Review - Now Back with Video!!!

35 posts in this topic

As always the Charlotte Con over Summer Solstice / Father Day weekend doesn't disappoint!

It was a lot of work and a lot of fun rolled into one! Got to meet a bunch of great people

while wheel'n and deal'n with 'em over funny books!

:grin:

It was special and I had some nice pick ups!

156119.jpg

Another quick pick up for my Shock Run...

156120.jpg

My big pick up of the show was a sweet Suspense 8 that was mailed down to the Carolinas a few days prior to the show (Thanks Adam!)

156121.jpg

After many requests - The Prodigal Son has Returned!

The Annual Heroes Con Pre/After Party Video is Back!!!

And Guy Rose is off the chain!

On the way out of town the town my work horse truck has a bad ignition coil and we were miss firing on the number 7 spark plug! As we made out way back to my mechanic back home we were shaking like $2 pair of maracas to bad rap music!!!

You gotta love the stories of the Show!

Stan is the Man!

:cloud9:

My big pick up of the show was a sweet Suspense 8 that was mailed down to the Carolinas a few days prior to the show (Thanks Adam!)

156121.jpg

Great pickups Wally, 2 of my fave! :cloud9:

Thanks for the video, Wally! I stayed about a half hour out of town so I didn't get much chance to hang out in the rooms so its great to see what others where doing after the show.

Here's another sweet pick up that was quite a surprise that I snagged from World Wide...

A GA Civil service one shot that's a Davis Crippen copy that I scored for $28!!!

This could be where the motivation for the sweet good girl cover of Rangers 26 came from. This copy was on the news stands in April of 1945 and the Rangers 26 was out in December of that year. But then again I'm sure there were probably a lot of good girl parachuting in front of an attacking plane themes back then...

WOOT!

156124.jpg

is it sad that I was disappointed that there was no video last year? lol.

awwww, I'm sorry about that and I'm glad you are a fan!

Last year was different in that there was some personal reasons for not doing one.

I wanted to be supportive for a great friend and that was the reason we chose to skip it.

It's great to have a fan. Maybe I can make up for it and have a special where I show more of my collection on this channel. A lot of what I buy at a con is SA/BA, but that is so I can flip and afford the books I really love in the early SA and GA. Besides mid to late SA and BA is so easily replaceable in most cases.

Maybe even a special on grading and handling books. I would like to create a episode on this because I rarely ever see any one page counting that is very important because it unveils so, so much.

:cloud9:

Wally

I say we have a backyard BBQ, meet and greet and show off your collection party later this year somewhere in your neck of the woods. And you can video that get together. We'll get Tyler to host it and provide all the food, tables and drinks. ;)

I'll be nice and bring the potato salad.

Wally

I say we have a backyard BBQ, meet and greet and show off your collection party later this year somewhere in your neck of the woods. And you can video that get together. We'll get Tyler to host it and provide all the food, tables and drinks. ;)

I'll be nice and bring the potato salad.

That would be awesome! I'll check into it and let you know.

It's gotta be cooler though, the heat is insane to me right now, I don't know how the boys in Florida handle this...

Rick came up to the hotel this weekend so dark he's only a monocle away from being Panama Jack! While I'm so white they could use me as a landing reflector for night planes at RTP!

:grin:

Yep, booth secured. 3-day Passes are $40. A bargain compared to Wizard World, and a way better show.

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be there more than a day though. I usually get my deals done and bolt before I'm surrounded by a million dead pools and pikachus.