• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heroes Con report, from the other side of the table...

78 posts in this topic

I love these threads as some of us can't make it out to these shows because of life, work, etc., I know when I do I'm coming straight to your booth rick as your prices are generally better than everybody else's, also very funny about your son buying books from other dealers, you would think he could get a family discount

in essence they are already "his" books...but I understand and support his enthusiasm of hitting the ground and getting out there to buy books he wants (or thinks he wants)... its really not about the money, but instilling the desire/passion to the next generation of collectors :wishluck:

again, from mega con 2 months ago, but same "type" display of $50-500 raws

IMG_1156_zpssgsloilp.jpg

So........ Rick,where's the good stuff?

in the 12" to the right lol

IMG_1156_zpssgsloilp.jpg

Rick

Do you have a picture of that? :wishluck:

That's what she said.

ultimately I can tell folks that I could mark at 175 and discount to 150, but just seems more efficient if I mark at 150 to begin with.... I am not lost on the psychological exercise of getting a discount, just seems like a waste of time on a $25 comic... $25,000 is another story

As a buyer of raw books in the $20-$200 range at cons, I really appreciate that that is your mindset. It would make me much more willing to buy from you. I don't care much for haggling, just price it at a number that's fair for both of us and I'm happy!

I love these threads as some of us can't make it out to these shows because of life, work, etc., I know when I do I'm coming straight to your booth rick as your prices are generally better than everybody else's, also very funny about your son buying books from other dealers, you would think he could get a family discount

in essence they are already "his" books...but I understand and support his enthusiasm of hitting the ground and getting out there to buy books he wants (or thinks he wants)... its really not about the money, but instilling the desire/passion to the next generation of collectors :wishluck:

(thumbs u

ultimately I can tell folks that I could mark at 175 and discount to 150, but just seems more efficient if I mark at 150 to begin with.... I am not lost on the psychological exercise of getting a discount, just seems like a waste of time on a $25 comic... $25,000 is another story

As a buyer of raw books in the $20-$200 range at cons, I really appreciate that that is your mindset. It would make me much more willing to buy from you. I don't care much for haggling, just price it at a number that's fair for both of us and I'm happy!

that's my philosophy!...and that's how I do it (thumbs u

IMG_1156_zpssgsloilp.jpg

Rick

Do you have a picture of that? :wishluck:

not sure I took any heroes con pics (that pic is from megacon)...obviously some of the books have changed, but same general set up

here is the megacon "other" 12' side

IMG_1163_zpssq3rc80d.jpg

IMG_1164_zpsenxtqfct.jpg

IMG_1165_zpseyn04r1w.jpg

So come to Boston Comic Con so I can give you all my comic budget! :-)

unfortunately that is not a drivable con for us from FL, so afraid its unlikely we will be able to make that trip

unfortunately that is not a drivable con for us from FL, so afraid its unlikely we will be able to make that trip

Time for my wife and I to take a vacation down south then! (thumbs u

GATOR, did you hear anything about a couple of thieves at Heroes? Roy posted a pic on a FB group I belong to of a couple suspected thieves rifling through a dealers stock.
yes...we heard about them..

GATOR, did you hear anything about a couple of thieves at Heroes? Roy posted a pic on a FB group I belong to of a couple suspected thieves rifling through a dealers stock.

It wasn't a Facebook group. I shared the pic after someone else had posted it.

The thieves are alleged and the original pic was removed because the person that originally posted the pic was afraid of possible legal action without any proof.

But from what I understand most of the dealers at the show were made aware of them pic or the alleged thieves.