• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hulk 181 What is the deal with this?

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am looking for a Hulk 181, I am seeking to buy one in around 6.5-7.5 grade, yet I done want to pay 500 bucks for it.

Is this possible? Or am I dreaming?

I have checked Comiclink and they have what I am looking for, yet I find the prices there are on the high end ( usually )

Yet, when I check Ebay even pieces of JUNK like this one go for substantial dollars.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33816&item=6512700523&rd=1

( love that HUGE crease on the Right hand side by the way. FINE? I seriously doubt it )

So, is it possible to get what I am looking for or should I just buck up and pay the 450 for the 7.0 on Comiclink?

Artboy99

You can probably find one advertised as VF and pay a few hundred for it but it will most likily come back to you in Fine to VG. In the end you may find that you still get only what you pay for. I know this stinks but it is the reality of frikken' moran eBay scammers -I mean- sellers.

I have a 9.4 with Slight restoration. It drops the value considerably. you might consider a nicer grade with a slight restoration.

I would not think about doing this unless you plan on keeping the book for a VERY long time. Bronze Age books with resto are avoided like the plague by most collectors because of the huge supply of unrestored books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif