• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 7 Results

69 posts in this topic

Despite losing a point by rationally grading the TTA #13, I continue to move up rankings with each round. I'll take what little victories I can get.

+1. The mini game continues

The loser of the game should have to live in Alaska for the winter...oh wait.

Despite losing a point by rationally grading the TTA #13, I continue to move up rankings with each round. I'll take what little victories I can get.

+1. The mini game continues

The loser of the game should have to live in Alaska for the winter...oh wait.

I don't want to move....

Away from Alaska

Did Toro sandbag this round just to make us all feel better? (shrug)

Nope, there is no way I could give that book a 2.0.

If this other book that looks like a twin to this round's book gets a 2.5, how can they only deduct .5 for a huge chunk missing from the cover and smaller chunks out of 2 pages. This one was just crazy. :insane:

156152.jpg.ecfbd55e367234533f44c168cdf7973f.jpg

Did Toro sandbag this round just to make us all feel better? (shrug)

Nope, there is no way I could give that book a 2.0.

If this other book that looks like a twin to this round's book gets a 2.5, how can they only deduct .5 for a huge chunk missing from the cover and smaller chunks out of 2 pages. This one was just crazy. :insane:

That one was a head scratcher

Are you grading these books or just using your AF 15 comparison database?

:sumo: :lol:

And don't you have a 1.8 example

Lucky for me I forgot about 1.8 because if I had saw this book I would of given Groot a 1.8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Mystery-Comics-6-CGC-Graded-1-8-CR-OW-Pages-Bondage-Cover-/221799532399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a448476f

This was only the 2nd book in the contest I looked at some other graded books to help decide...the highest grade I felt the book should receive was 6.5...I looked at this book and came to the simple conclusion that it had to be at least .5 less a grade so went with 6.0...

batmanwrobin232_6.5_zpse7wwoxln.jpg

I felt the Groot capped out at 1.8...so I gave it a generous 1.5...I really think CGC blew this one...to a certain degree this book would range between 1.0 and 1.8...no way this book deserves 2.0...there's a helluva lot of 2.0s out there with nothing missing... (shrug)

Not saying much but actually moved up with 2 points... :tonofbricks:

That 1.8 example is far nicer than the 2.0 TTA. If that's a 1.8, then there's no question the TTA should have been a 1.0.

Except the 1.0 and 1.5 examples I gave were way worse than the groot

Lucky for me I forgot about 1.8 because if I had saw this book I would of given Groot a 1.8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Mystery-Comics-6-CGC-Graded-1-8-CR-OW-Pages-Bondage-Cover-/221799532399?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33a448476f

I went 1.8 and thought I had it pegged based on other books I've seen. So close but so far.

Any time you outgrade Toro it's a huge win

Except when it comes to that Groot book, then it's a major loss.

Seriously, I marked down everyone who got a 5 on that book on a "do not ever buy from" list. lol