• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 10 Results

50 posts in this topic

Congrats to Toro and Massive thanks to Andy and Shin for another great contest. I went for it on the last round thinking that the only way to gain ground was to go for the surprise. Crashed and burned.

I was hoping to use my 15000th post to celebrate double bullseyes...alas, twas not to be...too many 3s and -1s left me in the middle of the pack. But nonetheless, what a blast and serious KUDOs to Andy and Shin for another great contest and a barrel of fun! :headbang:

CONGRATS to toro and the top ten-percenters! (worship)

CONGRATS to everyone who played all 20 books!

I can envision a future raw book sales thread where I can make the unequivocal statement "Hey I'm an average grader and you can look it up!" :insane:

I think the beauty of the contest and the grading is for most of us we would be pretty confident that we could ascertain most any book within 3 grades...skilled enough and lucky enough to nail it or get within 2 grades and you get points...land 3 grades away and you're in the negative zone...

THX AGAIN Andy and Shin! :applause: Can't wait until next year!

So those scrapes on the avengers were production defects?

Classic production creases/folds. I think the deducts were for foxing, dirt, loss of gloss and the two blunt corners (esp lower left FC)

So those scrapes on the avengers were production defects?

Classic production creases/folds. I think the deducts were for foxing, dirt, loss of gloss and the two blunt corners (esp lower left FC)

Definitely NOT for foxing! I hate grading a book with foxing - it should bring down the grade same as a stain, but it doesn't. :cry:

the list of continuously improved had a single person left remaining heading into round 10-- and it ended with ARK being the single sole survivor ...

participant (round 8) round 9 -- round ten

01TheDude (7) 9 -- 20 :flamed:

rjpb (14) 15 --- 6 :acclaim: top ten!

Thanos88 (19) 29 -- 34 :whistle:

ARK (40) 35 -- 25 (worship)^^:golfclap:

Congratulations on a great effort