• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 9.0 sale

53 posts in this topic

Did anyone notice how long was the book up before it sold? And did it sell at the asking price or was an offer accepted?
it was a posted sale...it wasnt available to purchase

Why would I need CL to make a sale, take a 10% cut, that I was the one that set up?

Another post said that their fees are not negotiable. This is true. I got the speech about how they advertise, etc etc. I do think on one of my sales they may have took less than 10% because the seller and me were so close on number, but got to a point where we wouldn't budge. I got a call the next day asking if they could intervene and they made the sale go through. Whatever they did, it worked and both the seller and myself were happy with the end results.

Did anyone notice how long was the book up before it sold? And did it sell at the asking price or was an offer accepted?
it was a posted sale...it wasnt available to purchase

Why would I need CL to make a sale, take a 10% cut, that I was the one that set up?

Because they set up the sale, out of their large customer base and collection of want lists.

If you have something "extraordinary" (maybe in the same vein as a AF 15 9.0) then that is negotiable (even with CLINK)

Does HA negotiate too ?

Yes, a lot.

Its well known both sites will work with you depending on the book(s) & the situation. They would love 10% on every sale and I would venture to say they get that out of most sales but if you have the goods and you push both will move. When its a quality, rare or high end book they both know neither is the only game in town & its just smart business. Think of it this way 5- 7% of a sale is better then 0 percent.

P.S. The AF 15 being trimmed or looking like an 8.5 is just silly & truth be told in 5 yrs the price will seem very fair. Its a stunning book and all but the most elite collections would be proud to own it.

here is my gripe - call me crazy on this - I own a 6.5 cgc blue label AF 15.

check the bleed through on the cover - in the yellow in amazing fantasy - this is from pressing, usually, am I right?

my copy has a bit of this too. Probably the same amount. Hell if you look at the million dollar record AF 15 it has the same 'see-through'

is it the book - or from pressing?

do you guys think 50 years from now ( even in the holder ) it'll get worse?

am I just neurotic and crazy?

here is my gripe - call me crazy on this - I own a 6.5 cgc blue label AF 15.

check the bleed through on the cover - in the yellow in amazing fantasy - this is from pressing, usually, am I right?

my copy has a bit of this too. Probably the same amount. Hell if you look at the million dollar record AF 15 it has the same 'see-through'

is it the book - or from pressing?

do you guys think 50 years from now ( even in the holder ) it'll get worse?

am I just neurotic and crazy?

The micro-chamber paper inserted between the cover and the first page (to absorb off-gassing) tends to reflect any light that passes through light-coloured areas of the front cover and you see the darker elements of the inside cover.

p.s.

Welcome to the Boards.

p.p.s.

If you are like most of us, then, yes, you are neurotic and crazy. :gossip:

this is from pressing, usually, am I right?

Pressing causes everything from lack of world peace to hunger in impoverished countries.