• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Hot Wheels 1977/1980 - Anybody collect these?

68 posts in this topic

Back to Marvel, they are still mining Kirby's bones...

Check out this recent display for a line of Marvel Hot Wheels. 5.99 each!!!

I don't know where I'd put it, but I need one of those displays. Far too cool...

Love the gray Hulk...

You know I went down that Star Wars rabbit hole some years ago, but the coolness of superhero themed toys isn't lost on me. In the fall I went for my appraisers accreditation and have been busy ever since. I'm finding a significant uptick in HW collectors now, but I can't say I've ever seen these carded in the wild. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

One line I've always thought about collecting is the Marx Marvelmania Superhero Tricycle's. If I wasn't so bent on having them mint in box, I probably would have had a few by now. There's a whole world of superhero themed toys from just the 60's and 70's which are so awesome, but I'm running out of room as it is with what I collect now. The tin litho Batman and Batmobile (especially Asian market) stuff is what I always keep an eye out for, but it always goes for insane money.

You know I went down that Star Wars rabbit hole some years ago, but the coolness of superhero themed toys isn't lost on me. In the fall I went for my appraisers accreditation and have been busy ever since. I'm finding a significant uptick in HW collectors now, but I can't say I've ever seen these carded in the wild. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. Great stuff - thanks for sharing!

One line I've always thought about collecting is the Marx Marvelmania Superhero Tricycle's. If I wasn't so bent on having them mint in box, I probably would have had a few by now. There's a whole world of superhero themed toys from just the 60's and 70's which are so awesome, but I'm running out of room as it is with what I collect now. The tin litho Batman and Batmobile (especially Asian market) stuff is what I always keep an eye out for, but it always goes for insane money.

I've never seen them in the wild either (since I had them as a kid). Every one I've purchased has been online. I don't collect HW outside of comics related stuff, specifically marvel, but I easily could see myself getting hooked, as I had them as a kid, so the nostalgia element is there.

The Marx trikes are 1960s I believe? Those are cool, but my self imposed date restrictions prohibit it (pretty much bronze only). Otherwise I'd have shipping containers full of this stuff.

Never heard of tin litho, are they signs?

"Tin litho" is a term used to describe old "tin toys" which were made from tin plate and painted using chromolithography. I have always loved collecting diecasts, but I acquired a small tin litho collection over a year ago and got bitten by the collecting bug :)

I was hoping folks would post more of these multi-packs (though I understand it's not something most people have already photographed and requires that step). This one is not mine. I'd love to start a list of variations. There aren't that many images online, and they rarely come up for sale.

161459711_1979-hot-wheels-the-heroes-2-pack-human-torch-captain-.jpg