• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance of Brother Voodoo

42 posts in this topic

Marking his appearance in Strange Tales #169 :3

I'm prepared to bet quite a lot that Voodoo'll be making his appearance in Phase 3 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but I'm wondering whether or not this should be a comic to be mindful or, or even to obtain?

What do you think?

All comments are welcomed.

And it's a cool book, and I have a few copies myself, it's just not even remotely "movie material" due to its obvious racial bias.

Seriously, "Brother" + "Voodoo". I can hear the NAACP wagons firing up right now.

And it's a cool book, and I have a few copies myself, it's just not even remotely "movie material" due to its obvious racial bias.

Seriously, "Brother" + "Voodoo". I can hear the NAACP wagons firing up right now.

And it's a damn shame. If some clever young director of ANY race camped it up and made it a sort of tongue-in-cheek cross between "Doctor Strange", "Live and Let Die", and "Blacula", I bet it would be a stone groove, and a helluva lot of fun, too!

But, no -- instead, I'm sure we'll get more bloated "Superheroes versus The End of Everything" nonsense...again and again and again. It's perpetual Götterdämmerung, all the way down...

zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

And it's a damn shame. If some clever young director of ANY race camped it up and made it a sort of tongue-in-cheek cross between "Doctor Strange", "Live and Let Die", and "Blacula", I bet it would be a stone groove, and a helluva lot of fun, too!

But, no -- instead, I'm sure we'll get more bloated "Superheroes versus The End of Everything" nonsense...again and again and again. It's perpetual Götterdämmerung, all the way down...

zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz zzz

"Stone groove" :cloud9:

This movie couldve only been made during Blaxploitation era.

Haitians would be up in arms as well.

Everyone up in arms over everything all the time = a creatively bankrupt culture doomed to endure bland, neutered, homogenous, soulless "entertainment". BS... :P

I picked up a nice copy a while back, with flipping in mind, but I made the mistake of opening it up to check PQ and realized it was illustrated by Gene Colan...... so now I don't want to sell it. It's, like Joe said, actually a pretty cool book. I agree that a movie would be a long shot at best..... although a cameo in Dr Strange could work...... or something related to Man-Thing, provided that DC continues their trend of profound procrastination and misses the boat on a Swamp Thing TV show or movie. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Everyone up in arms over everything all the time = a creatively bankrupt culture doomed to endure bland, neutered, homogenous, soulless "entertainment". BS... :P

That's exactly what scholars and scientists predicted the Internet would create and they were dead on.

The important question that will be asked though is "What is the first appearance of this bland, neutered, homogeneous, souless entertainment"? (FULL appearance mind you, not just a potentially controversial last page cameo).

I agree Marvel would avoid this, even changing his name for big screen would bite them by the fans.

I could just see the title to the movie if the character was left alone.

"Black Magic"

No, it's a slightly-racist character and would never be made into a movie in this current environment.

They could feature him as Jericho Drumm and call him "The Houngan" or "The Mystic Shaman" or something like that.

Isn't Black Goliath rumored to be in an upcoming film? Shouldn't that get the same scrutiny?

Not that I am aware. But even if that's the case, he will not be called Black Goliath. It would be Giant Man or just Goliath.