• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants 87...production miscut or trimmed?

2 posts in this topic

I know trimming is difficult to detect even with the book in hand by a trained eye. That being said, just want some opinions as to whether this book is just a factory miscut...or somebody did a hack job on it. It's a high-grade copper book so shenanigans would seem unlikely (and unnecessary?)...however there is more than 3/16" difference in the width of the bottom and top edges. I've seen miscuts before but generally they were just cut at the wrong angle, not typically resulting in one end being wider than the other. Thoughts?

NM87.jpg

NM87b.jpg

I freely admit that I am no expert whatsoever when it comes to detecting trimming. However, I wonder why there is such a difference in the amount of white space between the left edge of the book and the left edge of the advertisement box on the back cover between the top of the box and the bottom of the box.