• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are You a Completionist or a Non-Completionsit?

Are You a Completionist or a Non-Completionist?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Are You a Completionist or a Non-Completionist?

77 posts in this topic

Just wondering which forum members strive to complete certain runs, and which ones like a little variety. I own about 4,000 raw books and over 400 slabbed ones, but have no significant complete sets (not even close). O.K., I may have a couple of modern complete sets (< 30 books), but nothing special. Everytime I start collecting a run, my prefences change and I'm collecting something else. I did this with ASM, X-Men, Batman, etc. These days I'm primarily collecting select GA covers, or particular stories from the SA or BA eras.

I didn't include a third option (both) since most people would pick that. I just want to see what your preference is.

I'm a completionist when it comes to Uncanny X-Men, but I don't feel that way about any other titles. I guess that makes me more of a non-completionist then a completionist. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm the same way about Fantastic Four but collect a lot of "good" modern titles.

I used to collect everything--I had platinum, gold, silver, bronze, you name it. Over the past several years, I have focused on just finishing my Archie runs (1941-1971). I've finally finished Archie Comics and I am about 20 issues away from finishing Pep Comics. Once I've finished the complete Archie set, I'll probably go back to being a non-completionist again 27_laughing.gif I really love just about everything that comics has to offer...

I tend to skip around and collect by covers, keys and books that I just generally think are cool... like Adams GLs and Batbooks, ASM goblin covers, and anything with Cap. But I will fill in blocks of issues. JLA 100-end. and I would love to complete a set of Avengers again.

I'm a completionist when it comes to Uncanny X-Men, but I don't feel that way about any other titles. I guess that makes me more of a non-completionist then a completionist. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'm the same way about Fantastic Four but collect a lot of "good" modern titles.

Used to be, but then I realzed I could never have EVERYTHING, so now I am not . . . grin.gif

Much happier now . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm the same way with ASM.

Depends on the title. Some I want every issue...others just select issues. It a pretty evolving thing actually. Once I have a number of a particular title's issues, I may go after those issues I don't have to finish the run. So I started as a non-completionists but ended up as one... screwy.gif

Jim

I'm a price variant completionist - so i guess that would make me a "Non-Completionist", acc to the definition above.

I would say that's true. I'd consider collecting books with price variants the same way as someone collecting books with war or good girl art covers. At least that's what I meant with my question. I'm considering a completionist as someone who's trying to complete at least one significant title.

I'm a completionist about a few select titles. I'll veer away from them from time to time, but I'll always come back to a few core titles whenever the buying dollars get tight.

A nice thing about trying to complete a title is that whenever the purchasing "kitty" is low you can still buy a low-grade book that you're missing and it feels just as good as the big bucks spent on a high-grade key. cloud9.gif

I'm considering a completionist as someone who's trying to complete at least one significant title.

I'm a Chili completionist, also a Black Goliath, Shanna the She Devil, Night Nurse, and Skull the Slayer completionist, a joker, smoker and midnite toker...

I guess I'm your complete opposite smile.gif

I own about 8000 comics, 90% of which are part of a complete series or a full run.

I hardly have any single issues at all...

I collect series/run by series, set up a want-list of all issues I still need and then don't stop until I have them all. Once that's finished I'm on to the next series.

It's gotten so bad that I can't stand those single issues anymore, even when I like a certain book I always ask myself the question "get rid of these few issues or get the entire series"

Oh, and amongst my 8000 comics I also only have less than 20 double issues, something I 'm immensely proud of grin.gif

I guess I'm your complete opposite smile.gif

I own about 8000 comics, 90% of which are part of a complete series or a full run.

I hardly have any single issues at all...

I collect series/run by series, set up a want-list of all issues I still need and then don't stop until I have them all. Once that's finished I'm on to the next series.

It's gotten so bad that I can't stand those single issues anymore, even when I like a certain book I always ask myself the question "get rid of these few issues or get the entire series"

Oh, and amongst my 8000 comics I also only have less than 20 double issues, something I 'm immensely proud of grin.gif

screwy.gif

Used to be, but then I realzed I could never have EVERYTHING, so now I am not . . . grin.gif

To clarify, I don't collect every single appearance of FF, just the flagship title.

To clarify, I don't collect every single appearance of FF, just the flagship title.

Or FFF (Flagship Fantastic Four). wink.gif