• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are You a Completionist or a Non-Completionsit?

Are You a Completionist or a Non-Completionist?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Are You a Completionist or a Non-Completionist?

77 posts in this topic

ALSO, for you completionists, do you feel the need to get all the issues in the series or the ones where your character started? For example, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, etc.? (Or, Master of Kung Fu, above?)

Good question.... for MOKF I got the MFs which featured Shang-Chi (and just those) and then the rest of the MOKF own series.

As for ASM, I have no desire to get AF #1 to #14...

I have Iron Man #1 to #400 and am now planning on getting the TOS series, starting of course at TOS #39

I think I thrive on having incomplete sets and feeling a need to complete them. There are at least three runs I've been trying to finish for the past few years. All of them only have about 5-10 issues left before completion.

I'm in a similar situation. I'm only seven issues away from having every SA appearance of the X-Men, including their own title, and it's been this way for about a year. I don't think I'll ever finish the run until I decide what I'm going to collect when I'm done with it. screwy.gif

OG - What 7 issues are those 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am definitely a rabid completionist. Not always long runs but all apearances of certain characters and teams. I also have runs of almost all non-reprint bronze-age Marvels in mid-grade and of course I am only 4 shy of a complete 30 cent variant set.

I am without a doubt a non-completionist. My main collecting interest is double cover books (obviously). My secondary interest is Amazing Spider-Man.

My only true completionist goal is probably one that I will never achieve, which is a complete registry set of ASM with only double covers. screwy.gif

I'm trying to put together a set of Batman from 1-100, and also a complete set of Horror, Crime and Sci-Fi EC's. I'm trying to stick to around 4.0-6.0 to keep things affordable. On the very early Batman's I'm going to have to go for lower grades to be able to afford them. I'm also picking up some Detective's on the side, mostly from around 100 up. Eventually I'll try to do a complete GA run on that, too(yeah, right, good luck! insane.gif).

I think I thrive on having incomplete sets and feeling a need to complete them. There are at least three runs I've been trying to finish for the past few years. All of them only have about 5-10 issues left before completion.

I'm in a similar situation. I'm only seven issues away from having every SA appearance of the X-Men, including their own title, and it's been this way for about a year. I don't think I'll ever finish the run until I decide what I'm going to collect when I'm done with it. screwy.gif

OG - What 7 issues are those 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Uncanny X-Men #'s 1, 3, 4 & 6

Annual #2

Amazing Adventures #11

I am without a doubt a non-completionist. My main collecting interest is double cover books (obviously). My secondary interest is Amazing Spider-Man.

My only true completionist goal is probably one that I will never achieve, which is a complete registry set of ASM with only double covers. screwy.gif

I got my only double cover a few months ago and didn't know it until I filed it. I always check for cut coupons and do a page count before a book goes into my collection. It's an Avengers # 211. It's in nice shape (I'd have to take a closer look at it to say what grade) if you're interested.

I got my only double cover a few months ago and didn't know it until I filed it. I always check for cut coupons and do a page count before a book goes into my collection. It's an Avengers # 211. It's in nice shape (I'd have to take a closer look at it to say what grade) if you're interested.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Have a scan?

I'm a completest, but only of titles that most don't care about. I have complete runs of the Invaders, Peter Parker the Spectacular Spider-man, and several others that have been published in the last few years.

Ijiwaru Sensei sumo.gif

WTB Invaders 3 CGC 9.6 or better.

Is that the issue where they acquire 2 new members or is that 221?

I'm only a completionist when it comes to certain artists. For a while I have been collecting every Marvel or DC comic with Neal Adams interior pencils (even the Jerry Lewis books, ugh) and I'm pretty much done. I've also collected other artists this way, and some of their "runs", like BWS, Steranko, or Wrightson, are easier to complete because their page output was less. I'm still trying to resist collecting Gil Kane comics this way...

Anybody else collect by interior artist, trying to get every comic they drew? confused-smiley-013.gif

Uncanny X-Men #'s 1, 3, 4 & 6

Annuals #1 and 2

Giant Size #2

Amazing Adventures #11

Do you need them in high grade or dont care about the grade?

No, I don't need HG, but I also don't want any that were used to soak up what Darth's diaper couldn't absorb either. On the higher $ books (X-Men 1, 3, 4 & 6) I'd be happy with VG to Fine+ and on the others I'd go F+ to VF/NM. I just want structurally sound, decent looking books. No pages missing, no big chucks missing from covers, like that.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Have a scan?

PM sent. thumbsup2.gif

Got any Tomb of Dracula double covers?

I'm a completionist, but only if it interests me.

For example, I'm interested in getting a full run of Iron Man, but only vol. 1. Vol's 2-4 can go jump in a lake for all I care. I may change my mind later (on going forward AND backward - I haven't tried collecting TOS yet). Ditto with Captain America (only collecting the SA run, but none of the relaunches, and haven't gotten any GA Cap), but not the Hulk (for whatever reason - I'm working on a full run of both the post-TTA run and the modern title).

I'd LOVE to someday have a full run of the GA GL title, but for now I'm working on the SA and modern GL titles. I'd love to have a full run of GA Flash books, but right now I'm only working on the SA Flash (and not the modern Flash).

I guess you'd call me a selective completionist???

Got any Tomb of Dracula double covers?

I don't think so. I remember bidding on one, but was outbid. I can go check, but I won't be home until Sunday night.