• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New Level in Comic Collecting?!?!

35 posts in this topic

This is totally ridiculous.

"Collector cards" made from hacked up silver age books. I especially like the "1/1" limited edition and the certified signature....sigh.

The seller says, "HERE IS AN AMAZING NEW PRODUCT THAT TAKES COMIC COLLECTING TO THE NEXT LEVEL With..."COMIC BOOK RELIC CARDS!"

Yeah...that's a new level alright!

Back is where the action's at. Not bad, but it lacks a Big Number, maybe a Hologram, and he needs a whale to throw some insane money at a few.

Still, who doesn't want to buy themselves certified Congratulations? When it's deserved, of course.

meh

$_12.JPG

This is totally ridiculous.

"Collector cards" made from hacked up silver age books. I especially like the "1/1" limited edition and the certified signature....sigh.

The seller says, "HERE IS AN AMAZING NEW PRODUCT THAT TAKES COMIC COLLECTING TO THE NEXT LEVEL With..."COMIC BOOK RELIC CARDS!"

Yeah...that's a new level alright!

comic_card_stupidity.jpg

With so many books being slabbed, this might be the only way new collectors will ever experience interior art.

:roflmao:

I'm holding out for the NEXT LEVEL...

CERTIFIED COMIC BOOK RELIC ORIGAMI !! Amiright?

Think about it. Vintage comic panels folded into super heroes.

Witnessed, certified, interred for all eternity in an acrylic holder? I mean, we all want that, don't we?

Hell yeah! If there's a line forming you're behind me.

P_Spiderman_Carillo_Paj126.jpg

I've posted this before, but its worth re-telling.

Around 1992, I would do an occasional flea market on Greenwich street in NYC. In addition to comics, i sold some posters, do dads and assorted brikbrak. Ken Stacy had done some Astro boy books that had amazing pin-ups in them, so I cut up a few, put them in a comic bag with a backing board and sold them for a buck each. This guy came along, bought two of the pages and started picking thru my 3 for $1 comics. He can across the very comic he had just bought two pages from, looked at the page and said- so this is where those things come from, and put the book back. He'd rather pay $2 for two loose pages then pay thirty five cents for the entire book.

There was a Superman tribute book I did the same thing to. There were about 15 sale worthy pinups in the book. Sell the book for $1 or 15 pages for $1 each. Tough choice.

Honestly, I have the same feeling when someone hacks up a book to sell loose pages... CGC'd, no less.

I just won an auction for a single page from SUperman 1 CGCd. I plan on displaying it in my office.

Over the last few weeks Blissard sold every non add page from Supes 1 CGCd. They came from a bound book. and were all trimmed and had stitching holes.

I was happy to get the page for under 70, but it only had a few Clark sightings. The ones that had SUperman went for at least double, and a few for significantly more with a good action shot.

Honestly, I have the same feeling when someone hacks up a book to sell loose pages... CGC'd, no less.

I just won an auction for a single page from SUperman 1 CGCd. I plan on displaying it in my office.

Over the last few weeks Blissard sold every non add page from Supes 1 CGCd. They came from a bound book. and were all trimmed and had stitching holes.

I was happy to get the page for under 70, but it only had a few Clark sightings. The ones that had SUperman went for at least double, and a few for significantly more with a good action shot.

I bought one as well. I'm from Cleveland and the page I bought has Clark sending a package to a newspaper in Cleveland, OH. It's a cool page with a local connection for me. Probably wouldn't get a chance to own that again.

Wow! I wish I had thought of this before I dumped my life savings into the marketing of feather dusters made from California condor tail feathers and disposable coffee stirrers made from narwhale tusks!

Well, maybe my idea for napkin rings made from the blow holes of sperm whales will pan out.

-Terry

I don't doubt it makes money, I know it does. It's the same as the card guys throwing an authentic Babe Ruth bat or Jacques Plante goalie pads in the chipper, and sticking the pieces on a card. I don't like it, I think it's wrong. Your opinion may vary.

I bought one as well. I'm from Cleveland and the page I bought has Clark sending a package to a newspaper in Cleveland, OH. It's a cool page with a local connection for me. Probably wouldn't get a chance to own that again.

I thought these pages went for very reasonable prices...and I was thinking of doing the same thing...framing and sticking in my office. Alas...that opportunity is gone.