• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meeting Stan Lee...What should I get signed?

58 posts in this topic

he's right -- you can never find a Stan Lee autographed book on eBay

This arrived yesterday. I actually had a hard time finding this book with just Stan's signature. I didn't want anyone else's signature on it and all other offerings are littered with anyone's scribble who might have worked on Spider-man, (Would maybe have made an exception just for Romita Sr.) Those who know my collecting habits know this is usually outside my collecting focus, but I wanted another Stan signature and thought this was a pretty cool book to have it on.

ASM700SSa.jpg

Bahahahaha. I didn't say that, but it's still funny. :applause:

yeah-- I was just kidding around - glad you got it.

If only Jack Kirby had been as prolific signing stuff as Stan.

I've been keeping an eye out for items signed by Kirby and the other old masters. Certainly not easy to find but occasionally something comes up. Just as I believe the interest in Signature Series books is going to increase, I also believe that collectors will come to accept, collect and pay more for signatures authenticated after the fact by experts.

I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this book lol

007_zpse60c1a9d.jpg

This lends further proof to my claim that the real Stan Lee actually died in 1980 and that Marvel has been sending around various people dressed in costume and since Disney bought them,retired animitronic figures from the Hall of Presidents display to represent Stan Lee at conventions.

This is why he is able to pump out so many signatures and you are only allowed to stare at the machine for no more than 30 seconds.

This arrived yesterday. I actually had a hard time finding this book with just Stan's signature. I didn't want anyone else's signature on it and all other offerings are littered with anyone's scribble who might have worked on Spider-man, (Would maybe have made an exception just for Romita Sr.) Those who know my collecting habits know this is usually outside my collecting focus, but I wanted another Stan signature and thought this was a pretty cool book to have it on.

ASM700SSa.jpg

Cool cover. It's just begging for signatures.

ASM700SSa.jpg

I like simplicity. If I were to ever add a signature, and I have never contacted a facilitator to do that, I would add Romita Sr. I don't feel the need Slott, or Ramos, or countless others. If anything it detracts from Lee's signature. For some people, that is there thing. For myself, I like the best things to stand out, and in this case, I feel that less is more.

ASM700SSa.jpg

I like simplicity. If I were to ever add a signature, and I have never contacted a facilitator to do that, I would add Romita Sr. I don't feel the need Slott, or Ramos, or countless others. If anything it detracts from Lee's signature. For some people, that is there thing. For myself, I like the best things to stand out, and in this case, I feel that less is more.

I can see going one of two ways on this cover.....

1) like you say, keep it simple and just go for 1 signature like Stan or Ditko or Romita.

2) go for it and keep trying to get every single signature you can get. I think the cover could end up looking pretty cool with a lot of Sigs on it. I wonder what the record for sigs is on a CGC SS label?

Had a photo taken with Stan last month at Heroes. Also got about 30 seconds of chat time with him. The photo is awesome (it's sitting on top of my entertainment center!), but the interaction, as brief as it was, is what's special. :cloud9:

I can buy a book with his sig anytime.

:cloud9:

I'm sure he'll get a kick out of this book lol

007_zpse60c1a9d.jpg

This lends further proof to my claim that the real Stan Lee actually died in 1980 and that Marvel has been sending around various people dressed in costume and since Disney bought them,retired animitronic figures from the Hall of Presidents display to represent Stan Lee at conventions.

This is why he is able to pump out so many signatures and you are only allowed to stare at the machine for no more than 30 seconds.

Damn but that was funny (worship)

ASM700SSa.jpg

That's exactly what I did. I had him sign that one for me at Comicpalooza this year (can't wait for it to come back!). It just looked really clean. I had a few other books for other people and really, it was the experience of meeting him that was cool.