• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mask Comics #2

13 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I was flipping through the new overstreet price guide and looked up Mask Comics #2 from 1945. I noticed there is a first and second printing of Mask #2 listed.

Heritage even has a listing from a previous auction that designates a copy as the second printing.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/mask-comics-2-second-printing-rural-home-1945-cgc-vg-fn-50-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7059-93102.s

Here is my copy of the book:

Mask2_zps1594833a.jpg

Does anyone know how it is determined if you have a first printing or second?

The second printing was done in the fall but most books graded never showed first or second printing but a few did.I got mine from the first generation grading when the Crowley copies came to market.He had two copies in his collection a 6.5 and a 6.0 which i have.But yours has great pq which most of the Crowleys don't have due to storage.I too have seen one or two with the second printing note but just to own a decent copy is awesome. (thumbs u

Mine is a second print, and has some redactions in the indicia...black lines over the publisher name I think.

I believe the first and second prints also have different gloss patterns.

Mine is a second print, and has some redactions in the indicia...black lines over the publisher name I think.

If you get a chance, please post a scan. Interesting...

The second printing was done in the fall but most books graded never showed first or second printing but a few did.I got mine from the first generation grading when the Crowley copies came to market.He had two copies in his collection a 6.5 and a 6.0 which i have.But yours has great pq which most of the Crowleys don't have due to storage.I too have seen one or two with the second printing note but just to own a decent copy is awesome. (thumbs u

Scan? :wishluck:

I'll have to check my copy when I get home. It's a low grade copy with a good chunk out of the front left cover, but heck - it's mine! I'll have to get an upgrade one of these days.... but I'll see what the indicia says.

Great PQ on that copy! These 2 books are tough to get with decent pages.

Appreciate the replies all, I am very confident I have a first printing, as it was denoted as such in the auction listing when I bought it.

The dot pattern comment is interesting, I assume that is only visible under microscope.

Here is my #1 also:

Mask1_zpsc27cab02.jpg

20150709_064713_zpsqck6jv1y.jpg

20150709_064713_zpsqck6jv1y.jpg

Thanks for posting!

Anyone have a raw first print and willing to take a shot of the inside cover so we can see the difference?

:wishluck:

Bad picture for sure which is a fall issue

mask2.jpg

so you are saying yours is a second printing?

I know mine is a first printing, but I can see no real difference between them.