• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How is San Diego Going?

176 posts in this topic

Bechara had the Kirby FF #95 cover and the Golden Micronauts #19 cover.

Somebody told me Albert has a DD #1 page, but I didn't see it myself.

Illustration House had a bunch of Frank Thorne art and a sweet 1919 Krazy Kat Sunday which sold.

People generally griping about dealer sticker shock and lack of fresh material. Same as most years. lol

There are private, pre-arranged deals that are getting done here, but this show is mostly about socializing with other collectors (this one bringing in so many people from all over). It's not a great show for turning up with a wad of cash and walking out with a bunch of art you've never seen before. Not that wads of cash even cut it anymore; you need sacks of cash these days. :eek:

Illustration House had a bunch of Frank Thorne art and a sweet 1919 Krazy Kat Sunday which sold.

People generally griping about dealer sticker shock and lack of fresh material. Same as most years. lol

There are private, pre-arranged deals that are getting done here, but this show is mostly about socializing with other collectors (this one bringing in so many people from all over). It's not a great show for turning up with a wad of cash and walking out with a bunch of art you've never seen before. Not that wads of cash even cut it anymore; you need sacks of cash these days. :eek:

If it can be folded....it's not enough.

If it can be folded If it can be carried by one person....it's not enough.

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.

Soon we are going to have to go all "John Wick"

nzmt9.jpg

Not that wads of cash even cut it anymore; you need sacks of cash these days.[/b] :eek:

If it can be folded....it's not enough.

Still possible -for now- with a fold of these to take down any single piece the hobby has:

10000-bill-wilson-gold-certificate.jpg

Fixed it for you.

Soon we are going to have to go all "John Wick"

nzmt9.jpg

:roflmao::applause:

In all seriousness, how many gold coins is that? I estimate 480 (20 one-oz. coins per roll), which works out to $557K in value. That's like one trophy Silver Age twice-up cover these days. Some True Believers would argue that you can't even get one of the better Kirby twice-up FF covers for that much...maybe not even half of one. :whistle:

Serenity Now!

:gossip: the hundred thousand dollar bill was never in circulation. It was meant for Federal Bank transfers only. Every known 100,000 bill has either been destroyed by the government or is currently in possession of the government. Anyone having one of those bills would actually be charged with a crime.

Now that's two of ya's taking that $100k note waaaaaay too seriously :)

lol

Any word on the price requirements for the MICRONAUTS cover?

::heaskedruefully

Andrew

How's the equity on your home/status of your extra kidney?

Any word on the price requirements for the MICRONAUTS cover?

::heaskedruefully

Andrew

How's the equity on your home/status of your extra kidney?

Didn't he have one at the art con last year as well? I think that one was around 15k, so I don't think this one could be far off. Though I don't know a lot about the Golden market, or prices his covers for this series goes for.