• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Updated with Data - Overstreet 2015 vs 2014 - Lay Your Bets!

25 posts in this topic

Gentlemen - I have a collection of major Marvel and DC comics, mostly from 1965 to 1975, with an average grade of 8.0,

Q: By what percentage do you think their value changed from the 2014 Overstreet to 2015?

Plus 1%? 2%? 4%? maybe minus 1%??

I ask for your guesses because this is not an academic question. I started to compose an Excel inventory of my comics a few months ago, and have been inputting the 2014 values. But now I will insert a new column with the 2015 Overstreet values. I will then be able to compare the values and calculate the overall percentage change.

Titles to be included are Amazing Adventures, Aquaman, Astonishing Tales, Atom, Avengers, Batman, Beware the Creeper, Brave and the Bold, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Detective, Dr. Strange, and Fantastic Four. That's as far as my inventory has gone so far!

Feel free to post both your guess for the overall collection change, and for individual titles if you think any might see significant uncharacteristic shifts. For example, I expect FF will see the biggest increase of any of these titles. C'mon all you experts!

Don't forget that the 2014 and 2015 values are in 'then year dollars'. You need to adjust for inflation to get 'same year dollars' if you want to know what the real change is. Not so big a deal for one year, but can make a difference as time goes by.

Given the silly prices of the past year, I'll guess 8% (which probably underestimates the actual difference.)

Keys up average of 4% in 9.2, everything else +/- 1 - 3 % or the same price as last year. Sprinkle in a few surprises here and there and you have a generalization of what happens from one year to the next. Not a lot of movement, but I'll buy my copy anyway.

(I buy it for the articles) :)

Gentlemen - I have a collection of major Marvel and DC comics, mostly from 1965 to 1975, with an average grade of 8.0,

Q: By what percentage do you think their value changed from the 2014 Overstreet to 2015?

Plus 1%? 2%? 4%? maybe minus 1%??

+12%

Wow, a 12% increase ......I believe the original poster's question was asking about year over year increase, not decade over decade. lol

Seriously though, since we are talking about mid-SA to mid BA Marvels and DC's in only VF 8.0 grade, I believe the percentage increase will probably be closer to something like 1% or just slightly above since there might be some minor new keys in there. hm

Astonishing tales 1-8, 12, 25,26,28,30,32,34,35. Value increased by 7.2%. The increases were all for the Deathlock issues; no change in price for the early Kazar and Dr. Doom issues.

Alright, time for the big dogs! Avengers 12,22,24,26-125,131,138,139,142,143,155. Annuals 1,4,5,7. Giant size 1 and 2. Overall, the value of the title increased by 8.5%. Bronze issues were mostly unchanged in value. All silver age issues increased. HUGE increases for #28(first Collector), 55, and 57.

Back tomorrow with more.

Batman 180,188,200-202,210,212-215,217,219,220,223,225,226,229,230,234-253. Value increased by 4.2%. Most issues did not change at all, but there were healthy increases for key issues like 222(Beatles), and 251.

Captain America 100-145 increased by 11.6%!! Most issues did not change at all, but the overall collection value was skewed upwards by the increase for issue 100 ($209 to $350 in 8.0 condition) and 117.