• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

181 - The Mystic Comic Book Issue Number?

16 posts in this topic

So if someone shouts out "181" in a roomful of CGC Board Members, I believe it's safe to say that 99% of us would immediately think of Incredible Hulk 181.

But I got to thinking....there are other #181's out there.

In fact, if I had a choice of a nice 8.0 or better Hulk 181 or a nice 8.0 or better BATMAN 181, I'd probably take the BATMAN....but that's just what I would pick

Here are some sought-after collectible 181's...

Incredible Hulk 181 - 1st full Wolverine app.

Batman 181 - 1st Poison Ivy

Avengers 181 - 1st Scott Lang Ant-Man

Amazing Spider-Man 181 - Origin retold

Strange Tales 181 - 2nd app Gamora

Daredevil 181 - Death of Elektra

House of Mystery 181 - Classic Neal Adams cover, Wrightson art

Any other 181's come to mind?

Are there any other seemingly random issue numbers of comic books that have this mysticism, so to speak?

So if someone shouts out "181" in a roomful of CGC Board Members, I believe it's safe to say that 99% of us would immediately think of Incredible Hulk 181.

The other 1% who WOULDN'T think of Hulk 181 are like the scientologists of the board.

They know they're very different, but they think it's because they have special insight. (:

DD 181 is the Best. Comic. Ever. So that is the one I think of first. It is what I thought when I saw the thread title.

Tell Xenu I said 'hello'. :kidaround:

I have zero clue what this means.

DD 181 is the Best. Comic. Ever. So that is the one I think of first. It is what I thought when I saw the thread title.

Tell Xenu I said 'hello'. :kidaround:

I have zero clue what this means.

Here's a clue...

The other 1% who WOULDN'T think of Hulk 181 are like the scientologists of the board.

They know they're very different, but they think it's because they have special insight. (:

Just having fun with a self-proclaimed one-percenter. (thumbs u

Detective Comics 181

1st Appearance of the Human Magnet

300px-Detective_Comics_181.jpg

Rumor is he's gonna be the villain for the next Batman solo flick, better start stockpiling now.