• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How can I tell whether I got a real Amazing Fantasy 15?

28 posts in this topic

Assuming the pics in this listing are legit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201387275318?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D201387275318%26_rdc%3D1

then the page beginning with "part 2" should be a "left" page (with the staples on the right), but on yours it isn't. It looks like the original AF 15 had an advertising page after "part 1", putting the beggining of "part 2" on a left page, but yours doesn't have that.

The only pages I got are the ones I took pics of. I know the inks are better/older than the 80's reprint and any 90's comic....so it has to be old. But like you have pointed out it does have some discrepancies. I do see that some of the pages seem to be correct to the original so maybe its a mix of pages. Like someone bought a few amazing fantasy pages and mixed them with a good repro version? As for me, I doubt its real. I am sure some one would of bought it at half price books for the 50 cents if it was real.

The only pages I got are the ones I took pics of. I know the inks are better/older than the 80's reprint and any 90's comic....so it has to be old. But like you have pointed out it does have some discrepancies. I do see that some of the pages seem to be correct to the original so maybe its a mix of pages. Like someone bought a few amazing fantasy pages and mixed them with a good repro version? As for me, I doubt its real. I am sure some one would of bought it at half price books for the 50 cents if it was real.

I did a comparison and your Spiderman pages are reprints from Marvel Tales 1 (1964) which would also explain the squarebound staple pulls.

Thanks for the answers guys. I was suspective it was the real deal as I am sure someone would of gobbled up the pages before I got there. It was the one comic I wanted the most as its my favorite comic cover drawing, and favorite super hero. But with everything going on, losing weeks of pay, and just the sadness of my sister, niece, future bro in law, and the baby, I don't really know if I'll be much of a buyer for anything. It's hard to explain but I don't know if I'll ever be happy again. I just feel empty and rather have my family back than the comic I have wanted for so long now.