• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread Closed w/ Explanation. Thank You.

84 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I have a stunning issue of Four Color 1270, Bullwinkle # 1 in CGC 9.6 OW/W File Copy.

It is the highest graded copy and last I checked was the only one at 9.6. I purchased this book raw many years ago and submitted it myself. If you want the best, here it is.

I prefer a check or money order, but will accept Paypal if it is a deal breaker. Buyer pays actual shipping if paying with Paypal. If by check/mo, the shipping is on me in the lower 48.

If you need references about my selling history, just ask. I have dealt with a ton of folks on here over the years. I am in the process of selling all of my books, and this was one of the "keepers". Life goes on.

As always, thanks for looking.

Scott

Book removed due to the information that I received from a long time board member, after I rejected what I considered to be their disrespectful low-ball offer.

They then chose to inform me that my initial asking price was laughable, and that my current asking price was only slightly less realistic. I have sold tens of thousands of dollars of books on these boards, posted and behind the scenes, but I guess this "helpful" person thought it necessary to educate me on the error of my ways when I did not approve of their initial offer. They then chose to inform me, that for the record, their offer was withdrawn. I am glad they instructed me that it was "for the record" as I would have hated to assume that it wasn't.

Book removed due to the information that I received from a long time board member, after I rejected what I considered to be their disrespectful low-ball offer.

They then chose to inform me that my initial asking price was laughable, and that my current asking price was only slightly less realistic. I have sold tens of thousands of dollars of books on these boards, posted and behind the scenes, but I guess this "helpful" person thought it necessary to educate me on the error of my ways when I did not approve of their initial offer.

IMHO $700 was a STEAL on this book.

It's a one and only top census copy...with an 8.5 selling for $100 in 2014.

The premium on a solo top census 9.6 copy is a hell of a lot more than 7 times over an 8.5.

Whomever gave you this "Advice" either has a logic circuit broken or lives permanently with tweezers on their nose to block the smell of their own wildly_fanciful_statement.

Out the insufficiently_thoughtful_person so I can put them on ignore.

Not sure if I should as I am sure he will have his defenders. I do have the pm's and would post them if I felt the need. I will say that he offered 300 for the book. I don't have a problem sharing that.

Thank you. I feel vindicated and appreciate your opinion.

Rudeness/arrogance is all around us. I just tend to not ignore it, which is why I posted my reason for pulling the book.

To make you feel even better. I had one book that at the time was the only top census 9.6 book, it was a book with lots of 9.4's and 9.2's on the census (lots more slabs than your book so far more supply on mine, making yours more rare) and I was able to get closer to 10 times what 9.4's were selling for at the time. You were at 7 times an 8.5.

I know it's not a super hero book, but scarcity in grade is scarcity in grade.

You were right on at $1k originally.

Out the insufficiently_thoughtful_person so I can put them on ignore.

Not sure if I should as I am sure he will have his defenders. I do have the pm's and would post them if I felt the need. I will say that he offered 300 for the book. I don't have a problem sharing that.

lol

"$300 shipped" right?

lol

Thank you. I feel vindicated and appreciate your opinion.

Rudeness/arrogance is all around us. I just tend to not ignore it, which is why I posted my reason for pulling the book.

To make you feel even better. I had one book that at the time was the only top census 9.6 book, it was a book with lots of 9.4's and 9.2's on the census (lots more slabs than your book so far more supply on mine, making yours more rare) and I was able to get closer to 10 times what 9.4's were selling for at the time. You were at 7 times an 8.5.

I know it's not a super hero book, but scarcity in grade is scarcity in grade.

You were right on at $1k originally.

i did this exercise w/ single graded 9.8's a few years ago and the avg multiple vs a 9.6 was 6X. yes, the $300 offer was laughable.

Not be a wet blanket, but I auctioned a 9.4 FC 1270 in early 2014 on CLink and it went for about $200.

$300 is definitely low, but not totally insane either.

I think he was complaining more for the rudeness and/or arrogance than for the offer.

One can offer whatever he wants, as long as he is polite.

I'd like to hear who it was as well. A while book I listed a semi-key early Marvel Silver Age book with an established market for the grade at what I considered a fair price and got a pretty outrageous low-ball offer from a long time boardie (well-known flipper/dealer).

I may still have the PM, but I straight up asked him "Aren't you embarrassed to make an offer like that on this book?" Maybe not...but he hasn't low-balled me since. :hi: