• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Con for comics?

10 posts in this topic

I just got back from Wondercon...I've noticed fewer dealers (due to the expense of setting up and con fee - and ease of internet sales) but I do miss the good ol' days (San Diego Con in the early- mid 90s). What is currently the best con for number of comic dealers??? (Not just mass media and small press, toy dealers etc....)

I just got back from Wondercon...I've noticed fewer dealers (due to the expense of setting up and con fee - and ease of internet sales) but I do miss the good ol' days (San Diego Con in the early- mid 90s). What is currently the best con for number of comic dealers??? (Not just mass media and small press, toy dealers etc....)

Baltimore

Chicago

Big Apple

Chicago

How far is the show from Grays Lake? and when is it?

This past show at Chicago was the best show I've ever been to in terms of the people there, the books available for sale, and the quality of the dealers in the room. Between Metropolis, Harley, Heroes & Dragons, and the thousands of other sellers, you could find just about everything you wanted. I held the nicest comic book that I will ever hold in my hands there (the Marvel Comics #1 CGC 9.4 Slight (P)).

The Chicago forum dinner flat out rocked, too. Great restaurant and tons of forumites and well-known non-forumites in attendance. And we had our own private room and private bar. Alan set the bar very high with last year's dinner. cloud9.gif

Chicago

How far is the show from Grays Lake? and when is it?

This past show at Chicago was the best show I've ever been to in terms of the people there, the books available for sale, and the quality of the dealers in the room. Between Metropolis, Harley, Heroes & Dragons, and the thousands of other sellers, you could find just about everything you wanted. I held the nicest comic book that I will ever hold in my hands there (the Marvel Comics #1 CGC 9.4 Slight (P)).

The Chicago forum dinner flat out rocked, too. Great restaurant and tons of forumites and well-known non-forumites in attendance. And we had our own private room and private bar. Alan set the bar very high with last year's dinner. cloud9.gif

What he said.