• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Appearance comics to look out for?

57 posts in this topic

Books of Magic #1

With the introduction of Constantine and Zatanna in the Justice League Dark film there's a great possibility that we may get an adaption of the title and become introduced to Timothy Hunter; the fact that the Enchantress is in Suicide Squad does somewhat lend to this idea, magically speaking.

The only downside is the obvious Harry Potter similarities, to which Books of Magic came out first, I hasten to add; though we know how Warner Bros. has viewed it's HP franchise, could they feel the same about Timothy Hunter?

Justice League Dark #1

Need I say anymore?

Although Swamp Thing #50 is rather obscure in the whole "unofficial appearance" element and it being a Copper comic, I'm still going to recommend it as that will BOOM to smithereens when the adaption is released and definitely one to look to. Also Swamp Thing #49 should be looked at.

Its probably a good time to pick up the book if you believe in it. Del Toro just left the book recently I thought so it should be down for awhile.

I sold around a dozen for 15-25.

Its probably a good time to pick up the book if you believe in it. Del Toro just left the book recently I thought so it should be down for awhile.

What do you mean? He only wrote a screenplay for JLD, correct?

Is there any speculation on Birds of Prey #76 the 1st Appearance of "Black Alice" ?

The comic book was hot for a millisecond upon the release, made a few BOP title appearances, then in a few other DC titles, but I've not heard of any intentions for the character.

Kinda a cross between Zatanna and Sandman's Death in a way, may need a bit of reinvention and a creative facelift.

I thought the BOP #76 was a good issue, but then again, I'm a fan of writer, Gail Simone's work too.

Books of Magic #1

With the introduction of Constantine and Zatanna in the Justice League Dark film there's a great possibility that we may get an adaption of the title and become introduced to Timothy Hunter; the fact that the Enchantress is in Suicide Squad does somewhat lend to this idea, magically speaking.

The only downside is the obvious Harry Potter similarities, to which Books of Magic came out first, I hasten to add; though we know how Warner Bros. has viewed it's HP franchise, could they feel the same about Timothy Hunter?

Justice League Dark #1

Need I say anymore?

Although Swamp Thing #50 is rather obscure in the whole "unofficial appearance" element and it being a Copper comic, I'm still going to recommend it as that will BOOM to smithereens when the adaption is released and definitely one to look to. Also Swamp Thing #49 should be looked at.

Here's the problem with Harry Potter, I mean books of magic; even though in a hushed up lawsuit, Rowlens admitted to reading books of magic before she came out with Harry Potter, the characters are too similar, and since one company owns both characters.... Personally I always thought that the 1st books of magic can/should/one day be seen as a prototype of Harry Potter, like fin fam foom with wolverine.... but I do doubt that you will see books of magic on the silver/ plasma screen....

Web of Spider-man 19.

1st appearance of Solo.

Patrick

I started buying those twenty or so years ago, when vigilantes were big in the '90s. It seemed like a no-brainer for Marvel to do something with the characters after 9-11. I asked Joe Quesada at a Marvel panel probably 7 or 8 years back if there were any plans for him and his response suggested he didn't even know who I was talking about.

That's also the first Humbug, so that's a two-for-one.

Someone was smart enough to use the characters in Mercs for Money.

They've done a super poor job of expanding the characters.

But it's a matter of time before that changes.

And Solo is a solid choice.

Patrick

Hey :3

I'm only mentioning but a few, but I'd really be pleased to hear everyone else's thoughts and suggestions on the general matter.

Static #1

With Jaden Smith confirmed as Static in the upcoming television series, and the fact his father is playing Deadshot, don't be surprised if he appears in a film or is granted his own within the DC Shared Universe.

I am a believer in this property. I think DC is waiting on Marvel's Mile Morales to test the whole "urban kid power" theme, and if it will theyre gonna go full force with Static.

Books to look for are

Static #1 Platinum, the DC Year Of Change editorial 1993, and the later issues (50-54) of the first volume. Also Static Shock Rebirth of the Cool TPB is kind of a hot commodity

Also dont forget my thread that speculates on dollar bin heroes HERE