• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the best reprint or version of Amazing Fantasy 15 to own besides the orig

22 posts in this topic

I was wondering what is the best Amazing Fantasy 15 reprint to own on Amazing Fantasy 15? This in terms of affordability and potential future value? I have come to realize I will most likely not be owning an original Amazing Fantasy 15 in the near future with everything that has happened, but I would like to own a reprint or what not that will possibly go up in value in the future. I am hopeful I will one day get an original copy though.

Do any of those reprints include the entire story? I've always wanted to read the entire issue, but all the reprints I've seen just include the Spidey story for obvious reasons.

The Amazing Fantasy Omnibus has a complete reprint of issue 15.

Do any of those reprints include the entire story? I've always wanted to read the entire issue, but all the reprints I've seen just include the Spidey story for obvious reasons.

The Milestone Editions, although not so pretty, usually have all the pages, including the ad ones, only slightly altered to underline the ads and period pieces are no longer valid… hm

The HC AF15 that comes in the Birth of Spider-man box set is basically a high-end C2C replica, produced by Applewood Books who are known for historical volumes.

Plus you get a Spidey-ring and Stan on CD.

Amazon.com: The Birth of Spider-man

1157611.jpg

This is one of the best things ever and one of the last comic related items I would ever sell.

Have you ever had Stan Lee read you AF15? :cloud9:

Plus, the paperstock is old school newsprint similar to the original.

Marvel Tales 1 circa 1966 is recommended but missing the non-Amaz. Fant #15 :wishluck: back up stories.

This is my pick, but mostly because it's a silver age book. It has a great vintage feel as you read it, and features all those other origins, too.

Marvel Tales 1 circa 1966 is recommended but missing the non-Amaz. Fant #15 :wishluck: back up stories.

This is my pick, but mostly because it's a silver age book. It has a great vintage feel as you read it, and features all those other origins, too.

+1 one of my favorite books!

The HC AF15 that comes in the Birth of Spider-man box set is basically a high-end C2C replica, produced by Applewood Books who are known for historical volumes.

1157611.jpg

I have this and love it. One of the only good things produced by marvel in the late 90s.

Maybe a foreign edition like British or something

Pence is not a reprint they were printed at the same time....

I dont think he was calling it a reprint, there are many foreigns that are not "reprints". I collect foreigns and agree Pence deserve more respect. I think the day is coming that people are appreciating Pence among all the others in the Foreign Genre. Having said that, I would consider Alan Class more "foreign" than a Pence, and the AF15 Alan Class doesnt have the AF15 cover and is very hard to find.

PS. I dont want to let the "dog" out and start the pence debate :hi:

1157611.jpg

I have this and love it. One of the only good things produced by marvel in the late 90s.

From everything mentioned, this is my favourite. Never seen it before.

+1 one of my favorite books!

Yes, and it probably has more potential as an investment compared to the other reprints mentioned here. It is very difficult to find in high grade. BTW, it is circa 1964.