• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Trek : Enterprise

22 posts in this topic

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Enterprise was a great show.......

The first two season, they were still trying to find there footing.....but by season three and four, I was hooked... It tried to explain a couple of things and tried to bridge TOS and TNG.....

The first two season, they were still trying to find there footing.....but by season three and four, I was hooked... It tried to explain a couple of things and tried to bridge TOS and TNG.....

I never watched Enterprise until Netflix, and wow was it good. (thumbs u Maybe uninterrupted commercial-free just helps continuity flow better than broadcast.

Left me wanting more, and a tv show can't do any better than that.

edit: oh yeah, thread needs pics. :)

tpol_mirror.jpg

Although I feel DS9 is the best trek series, Ent is my favorite.

Ironic considering some first season episodes literally put me to sleep. But then again so did early eps of DS9.

I like enterprise.

A couple of the episodes were way too preachy though.

It ends abruptly because they pulled it a year before the writers expected so they couldn't flesh out the creation of the federation very well.

They had to jam the storyline that should have covered the entire last season into the last few episodes.

:(

I like enterprise.

It ends abruptly because they pulled it a year before the writers expected so they couldn't flesh out the creation of the federation very well.

They had to jam the storyline that should have covered the entire last season into the last few episodes.

I really hated that final episode. There was no Gawd damned reason to have the tng cast shoehorned into the ent final. :mad:

Btw, what did you guys think of the time teavel aspect of this show? I thought it had it's plus and minuses that under the write writers could have been brilliant, but fell just short of it's true potential. Btw, although fandom blames show runners berman and braga for a lot of the worst aspects of the show (oververt sexual undertones, time travel, screwed up continuity from previous established trek history) it was the studio heads who pushed that because they had little faith in the initial concept.

So no matter who was in charge at the time, that stuff was going to get into the show no matter what.

As a ST fan (but wouldn't call myself a ST purist) I enjoyed all aspects of 'Enterprise'. But I watched it on Netflix at a time when I was really jonesing for some fresh Trek.

It hit the spot at a level I wasn't expecting. The character development, sexual dynamics, time travel, back-history, all worked well. Yes, the show ended abruptly. Enterprise had developed into a damn fine crew.

Now I'm slowly going back through 'Voyager', which also plays better on Netflix. DS9 I didn't care for at all. It hit me as probably competition for 'Babylon 5'. It didn't offer the main things I enjoy about Star Trek: a ship of exploration, her crew and their strange encounters out at the fringes of the unknown.

Above all I think Star Trek needs to be an ongoing series. Continuing, like a chapter-play, soap opera or comic. A big-deal film here and there, while hugely enjoyable, just ain't cutting it.

As a ST fan (but wouldn't call myself a ST purist) I enjoyed all aspects of 'Enterprise'. But I watched it on Netflix at a time when I was really jonesing for some fresh Trek.

It hit the spot at a level I wasn't expecting. The character development, sexual dynamics, time travel, back-history, all worked well. Yes, the show ended abruptly. Enterprise had developed into a damn fine crew.

Now I'm slowly going back through 'Voyager', which also plays better on Netflix. DS9 I didn't care for at all. It hit me as probably competition for 'Babylon 5'. It didn't offer the main things I enjoy about Star Trek: a ship of exploration, her crew and their strange encounters out at the fringes of the unknown.

Above all I think Star Trek needs to be an ongoing series. Continuing, like a chapter-play, soap opera or comic. A big-deal film here and there, while hugely enjoyable, just ain't cutting it.

Agreed.

I liked it just fine.

I'm 8 episodes in and I'm finding it's very difficult to follow this show with this damn hot Vulcan walking around. My goodness.

Wait till that nude scene where she's rubbing lotion on Tucker...

I thought it was an excellent show. It had some stinkers but which show doesn't?

I'm 8 episodes in and I'm finding it's very difficult to follow this show with this damn hot Vulcan walking around. My goodness.

Wait till that nude scene where she's rubbing lotion on Tucker...

Yeah, I saw that one. There was another one where she & Scott Bakula were tied up together and in trying to free themselves they fell and he got a nice faceful of her boobs. lol.

I thought it was an excellent show. It had some stinkers but which show doesn't?

Seinfeld...Frasier...Justice League Unlimited...Modern Family...Batman The Animated Series...shall I go on? :)

Eh I don't know, 1st couple seasons of Sein were pretty hit and miss

Enterprise was thoroughly enjoyable for me, my fav after TNG. I still don't get DS9, though...Avery Brooks is the worst actor I think I've ever seen

:o Did we watch the same actor? Avery Brooks was great as commander Sisko.

I like enterprise.

I really hated that final episode. There was no Gawd damned reason to have the tng cast shoehorned into the ent final. :mad:
(thumbs u