• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Rant - New Comics and the LCS

12 posts in this topic

I'll make this short.

It's bad enough when racks at some LCS's seem designed to destroy recent back issues...including books that just came out.

What kills me, though, is when the books in my comic saver have multiple spine stresses etc. This...my friends...drives me batty (especially when there are no other copies of the book on the racks...or the ones that are there are in even worse shape).

I expect my new comics to be at least in 9.4. Is that too much to ask??

Argh.

Too much to expect of Diamond to be that consistent. I believe they made a statement once about delivering in saleable condition, not near-perfect, as you and I strive for.

That covers issues such as production defects, warehouse and in-transit mishandling.

years ago I'd buy the argument that comics were meant to be read but these days they are 5 bucks a pop after tax so that arguement is null.

I'm with you, all new comics these days need to be better cared for by shops/handlers/distribution in general.

its a drag when your shop has a dozen bent from the back by the rack issues.

Again at what they cost your of course expect them to all be NM but comics still today are made to be read . but it seems that lately most buy to sell. Not many readers I think. i go to comic book stores and you got tons of people going through the books looking at the corners and holding them side ways to see the fingerprints and dents. Its more about money and less whats in the books nowadays. And I get it but don't have to like it.

I do that... But I keep 99% of my books. I just like having nice copies for the principle of it all. If I pay the full price for a book, I want the best condition possible. It makes no sense to me to pay full price for something that is already not valued as such.

I'll make this short.

It's bad enough when racks at some LCS's seem designed to destroy recent back issues...including books that just came out.

What kills me, though, is when the books in my comic saver have multiple spine stresses etc. This...my friends...drives me batty (especially when there are no other copies of the book on the racks...or the ones that are there are in even worse shape).

I expect my new comics to be at least in 9.4. Is that too much to ask??

Argh.

what's a comic saver?

if you are a file customer you should be getting minty books. if they re insufficiently minty they should let you look through the rest of the inventory and pick the copy you want.

if you are paying retail (even with a discount) for a new comic it should look like a new comic!