• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Modern Comic Grail?
2 2

323 posts in this topic

One day.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_678_Venom_Variant_zpsckbd2sop.jpg

Remember, All it is, is a nice cover...that's it.

And a low print run.

And incredible sought after.

And inspired cover homage swipes.

And commands north of $3K in a 9.8....thats it.

ooOOOoh, I'll be watching that ASM 667 auction too, which by the way, is the worlds best 7.0 on the planet lol

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

One day.

Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_678_Venom_Variant_zpsckbd2sop.jpg

Remember, All it is, is a nice cover...that's it.

And a low print run.

And incredible sought after.

And inspired cover homage swipes.

And commands north of $3K in a 9.8....thats it.

ooOOOoh, I'll be watching that ASM 667 auction too, which by the way, is the worlds best 7.0 on the planet lol

Jerome

Looks like the 667 has several color breaking spine ticks up and down the back cover.

Not the best pic and nowhere near the price of most I've seen on here, but I love it! Thanks Jerome!

image_zpsgegzm299.jpeg

You're welcome buddy!

For all intents and purposes I wasn't planning on selling it, but then, as you can imagine, something came up that I wanted more lol

Jerome

Do you know why? I can't see why they wouldn't.

The last time I spoke with a few individuals from CGC it was relayed to me that they do not grade copies of Thorn due to not being able to authenticate them. This however may change, only time will tell but as of a few months ago they said they have no plans to grade them.

Do you know why? I can't see why they wouldn't.

The last time I spoke with a few individuals from CGC it was relayed to me that they do not grade copies of Thorn due to not being able to authenticate them. This however may change, only time will tell but as of a few months ago they said they have no plans to grade them.

Grading a Thorn would be like grading a paperback book would it not? I've gotten the impression that they're small with a lot of pages. Never seen one in person.

This is a good point, I think they have an appropriate case already but with all of CGC's recent upgrades, it could mean that they'll step it up in their verification process. I'd really like to have a Thorn tales from the lantern graded once I find one. Such a gem from Smith's college days.

This is a good point, I think they have an appropriate case already but with all of CGC's recent upgrades, it could mean that they'll step it up in their verification process. I'd really like to have a Thorn tales from the lantern graded once I find one. Such a gem from Smith's college days.

I'm in Ohio near OSU and I've only ever seen one them that I thought was legit. Probably only seen three or four total. It's a pretty rare book.