• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alright whos the wise guy that out bid me on the TOS 49 with 2 min left?

25 posts in this topic

Okay fess up people no one mentioned that there was a VF/NM copy of TOS #49 on the heritage monthly auction all month so I know some of you had to have been watching it. So the big question is who won it? Did you finally get your grail Suppa? I held in there till $800 but just couldn't go beyond that. So if anyone knows who won please share lol.

Ericc123

Sorry Suppa I tried but it looks like it's not on their site right now. Something wierd is going on though some of the prices have changed. I bid over $300 on the TOS #56 and it now says it ended at $290 this just doesn't make any sense can anyone shed light on why this might happen???

Ericc123

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one getting strange Heritage web page results. I won my first book through them last night (Shock Suspenstories #6 in F- for $56!!!) and was getting dismayed to see it no longer displayed.

For you Heritage veterans out there, how long is it before you get your invoice from them?

I finally got my email invoice from them a little while ago. Usually it's almost immediately after the close of the auction. You should get it soon. They will follow that up with an invoice mailed to you (if they have an address for you).

The Post Auction sales page is still not up though.

Oh geez thanks Clobberintime make me feel better why don't you wink.gif I really wanted that #56 too. Well glad such a nice guy got such a great book. And thank you again for the book you sold me.

Ericc123

Well I am with you on the 49 - $800 was my top price too. But there are a few people who collect Tos - there is one guy on ebay whose name I can't recall but i am thinking it was him. He outbid me on a Tos 44 9.0 that I bid up around $850 so he will pay way over guide for those books. And he always bids at the last minute. I had 8.5s on the 56 and 68 so wanted to upgrade while i could. Drummy also collects high grade ToS but don't think it was him either.

Eric -

I don't know if I would call my new copy "better," but CGC gave it a 9.2 for what it's worth. I ended up not bidding on the Heritage copy but it looked nice - sorry you got outbid at the end!

I'm still waiting for Heritage or ANYONE to come up with those TOS books on my want list - 46, 50, 52, 55, 67, 69, 72, and 75. Where are these books? Grrr....

Anyway, one good thing about #49 being hyped as super-rare is that all the major dealers are hunting for high-grade copies with enthusiasm. New copies (or recycled ones) will be emerging as they get re-sold ad nauseum. At least, I hope.

Dan

Any other hard-to-find books you'd like to drive the prices up on? GI Joe #21 has probably risen in value by 10,000,000,000,000,000,000% since Dungeon started pining over it here. tongue.gifgrin.gif

Yea, really...I remember my grandpa bouncing me up and down on his knee when I was a tyke, telling me stories of how tough Tales of Suspense #49 is to find in high grade. Ah, nostalgia. tongue.gif

yeah the value of Joe #21 has risen 10,000,000,000% but yet there is STILL no 9.8. what gives, With all the contacts and knowledge all of the board members have here you would think there would be copies coming out from everywhere. Theres not. frown.gifconfused.gif