• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four will historically be known as what killed the comic movie craze!

490 posts in this topic

Bottom six comic book movies on Rotten Tomatoes as of today

6. Superman IV 12%

5. Jonah Hex 12%

4. Batman and Robin 11%

3. Elektra 10%

2. Catwoman 9%

1. Fantastic Four 8%

Can you imagine being Josh Trank right now? Director of the worst comic book film in history, one of the worst movies ever made, and a box office bomb. The entire story behind the movie would make for a fascinating book.

Well yeah and on top of that he had the job of directing a Star Wars film and he got that taken away due to on set tomfoolery (most likely)

Then posting on Twitter just a week before the movie's release how 'his version' of the movie would have been amazing, and how cinema patrons would never get the chance to see it. Studio poison now.

6. Superman IV 12%

5. Jonah Hex 12%

4. Batman and Robin 11%

3. Elektra 10%

2. Catwoman 9%

1. Fantastic Four 8%

Fox clearly screwed up with this movie & Trank's probably a) immature & b) a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but FF doesn't belong among these other films.

Flawed as it was, FF was leagues better than Superman 4, Jonah Hex, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, RIPD, & Spirits of Vengeance.

This goes primarily to how much comic book movies have evolved in the last 5-6 years. In the post-Nolan trilogy / Avengers / Winter Soldier era, audiences & critics expect more.

Also, by judging only on a binary like/didn't like platform, aggregators mask the vast differences in quality between the C movies (FF) and the F ones (most of the above).

FF was a solid 2-star movie (equivalent to a mediocre Roger Moore James Bond film), but not an actively 1-star abomination on the level of Superman 4, Catwoman or Jonah Hex.

6. Superman IV 12%

5. Jonah Hex 12%

4. Batman and Robin 11%

3. Elektra 10%

2. Catwoman 9%

1. Fantastic Four 8%

Fox clearly screwed up with this movie & Trank's probably a) immature & b) a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed, but FF doesn't belong among these other films.

Flawed as it was, FF was leagues better than Superman 4, Jonah Hex, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, RIPD, & Spirits of Vengeance.

This goes primarily to how much comic book movies have evolved in the last 5-6 years. In the post-Nolan trilogy / Avengers / Winter Soldier era, audiences & critics expect more.

Also, by judging only on a binary like/didn't like platform, aggregators mask the vast differences in quality between the C movies (FF) and the F ones (most of the above).

FF was a solid 2-star movie (equivalent to a mediocre Roger Moore James Bond film), but not an actively 1-star abomination on the level of Superman 4, Catwoman or Jonah Hex.

To you FF was a solid 2-star movie, but for the rest of us it was a turd of historic magnitude!

6. Superman IV 12%

5. Jonah Hex 12%

4. Batman and Robin 11%

3. Elektra 10%

2. Catwoman 9%

1. Fantastic Four 8%

To you FF was a solid 2-star movie, but for the rest of us it was a turd of historic magnitude!

I'd agree.

And it's not like those critics had anyone they were looking to appease with slagging the movie.

:news:

"The latest movie starring wonderboy Zac Efron has bombed over the weekend, becoming one of the worst releases in American box office history.

We Are Your Friends, which stars Efron as an aspiring DJ, flopped, with Entertainment Weekly reporting it grossed just US$1.8 million (NZ$2.79m) despite being released in 2388 theatres.

Some are speculating the film, which is also screening in New Zealand, may not even make back it's US$6 million (NZ$9.2m) budget."

The director and cast of the 2015 Fantastic Four movie just want to say........."Thank you!" :angel:

:news:

"The latest movie starring wonderboy Zac Efron has bombed over the weekend, becoming one of the worst releases in American box office history.

We Are Your Friends, which stars Efron as an aspiring DJ, flopped, with Entertainment Weekly reporting it grossed just US$1.8 million (NZ$2.79m) despite being released in 2388 theatres.

Some are speculating the film, which is also screening in New Zealand, may not even make back it's US$6 million (NZ$9.2m) budget."

The director and cast of the 2015 Fantastic Four movie just want to say........."Thank you!" :angel:

Those movie execs probably blow 6M on coke and blow in a month. Seeing a big tent pole release with 150M in production costs really bomb will actually leave a mark.

Those movie execs probably blow 6M on coke and blow in a month. Seeing a big tent pole release with 150M in production costs really bomb will actually leave a mark.

:gossip: they're the same thing...

I think he left out the word "jobs"

Granted, but lest we forget, FF is at least closing in on a worldwide total equal to its $155 million production budget.

Vs. say...the actively bad Jonah Hex (with a worldwide total of just $10.5 million vs. its $47 million production budget).

At $145 million worldwide so far, FF's already passed the 82% of its production budget that Catwoman made.

FF underscores the difference between "mediocre" and "missed opportunity" vs. "total catastrophe."

Granted, but lest we forget, FF is at least closing in on a worldwide total equal to its $155 million production budget.

Vs. say...the actively bad Jonah Hex (with a worldwide total of just $10.5 million vs. its $47 million production budget).

At $145 million worldwide so far, FF's already passed the 82% of its production budget that Catwoman made.

FF underscores the difference between "mediocre" and "missed opportunity" vs. "total catastrophe."

:gossip: they're the same thing...

Someone lied to me !! That's the last time he gets my $.

The Fox executive that makes this speech at the next financial meeting probably gets thrown out of a 35th floor window.

The Fox executive that makes this speech at the next financial meeting probably gets thrown out of a 35th floor window.

aVdUd.jpg

aVdUd.jpg

lol

One thing about this movie`s bad box office that not many have pointed out.

The FF reboot bad box office was, not only because it was a bad movie, but it was also a response to that in it was the fans saying don`t screw with our heroes no more.

People have grown tired of PC spoon.

The FF reboot bad box office was, not only because it was a bad movie, but it was also a response to that in it was the fans saying don`t screw with our heroes no more.

Do you have any evidence of this? Maybe an article in variety? Or a study done to see why moviegoers skiped going that says that? Because all I've seen is backlash against a bad movie. Bad word of mouth and lack of studio confidence coupled with a bad story = bad movie. I don't know anyone that said "well everything makes if look terrible, but id still go see it if it wasn't that Johnny storm is black.

Do you have any evidence of this? Maybe an article in variety? Or a study done to see why moviegoers skiped going that says that? Because all I've seen is backlash against a bad movie. Bad word of mouth and lack of studio confidence coupled with a bad story = bad movie. I don't know anyone that said "well everything makes if look terrible, but id still go see it if it wasn't that Johnny storm is black.

I, by myself, am a super small sample size, but.... This is the first Super Hero movie I've ever skipped. I skipped it "as a response to them messing with some of my beloved heroes". I took to facebook and pleaded with anyone I knew to skip the movie too.

If I did that, then I'm sure some other fans did that too.