• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four will historically be known as what killed the comic movie craze!

490 posts in this topic

Although, some reviewers noted that Jessica Alba's portrayal of Sue Storm would have never have flown in today's world -- you know, a Hispanic actress playing effectively in "white face" -- with dyed blonde hair & blue contact lenses.

True -- I don't recall any outrage at her (arbitrary race-changing) casting then.

And those reviewers should be ridiculed for making broad generalizations. My fiancé is Spanish and Chilean, and she has natural blonde hair and blue eyes. Louis CK is a ginger Mexican. The theory that all Hispanics are swarthy brunettes is an idea that shouldn't fly in today's world. 2c

Louis C.K. isn't a ginger Mexican; he has a white mother and his father is half Hungarian and half Mexican. He is a ginger caucasian with a bit of Mexican. One quarter doesn't make you a Mexican.

Although, some reviewers noted that Jessica Alba's portrayal of Sue Storm would have never have flown in today's world -- you know, a Hispanic actress playing effectively in "white face" -- with dyed blonde hair & blue contact lenses.

True -- I don't recall any outrage at her (arbitrary race-changing) casting then.

And those reviewers should be ridiculed for making broad generalizations. My fiancé is Spanish and Chilean, and she has natural blonde hair and blue eyes. Louis CK is a ginger Mexican. The theory that all Hispanics are swarthy brunettes is an idea that shouldn't fly in today's world. 2c

Louis C.K. isn't a ginger Mexican; he has a white mother and his father is half Hungarian and half Mexican. He is a ginger caucasian with a bit of Mexican. One quarter doesn't make you a Mexican.

That's true, but he lived in Mexico as a child, spoke Spanish before he learned English, and still has family that lives there. The point is, assuming that everyone of Latino/Hispanic descent is dark skinned is ignorant.