• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SALE CLOSED! THANKS TO ALL! Pre-Code Horror Magazine Lot, EC, Kurtzman,

14 posts in this topic

Some different stuff that is just sitting around waiting for a new home...

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is listed with the price, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice. I will probably run this through tomorrow evening and get invoices out as soon as I can.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

OK, first one up is a cool and unusual Harvey Kurtzman paper back book from 1965. This book is filled with Help Magazine style material and games. It has 3 "dot to dot" puzzles neatly filled in pencil other wise very nice shape. Has a tiny spot of bug damage on lower back cover corner. Tight, and clean with white pages. Probably the hardest to find of his paper backs. $25. + $4. postage.

kurtzmanbook1_zpsvnx2rj3f.jpg

kurtzmanbook2_zpsplmbp9ac.jpg

Monster Times Magazine #10 1972 All EC cover to cover issue. Lots of information, reprints and everything you ever wanted to know about this famous publisher. A nice, clean copy. All printed on newsprint like a newspaper. Paper is yellowed but no significant tears, creases or missing pieces. Supple paper. $25. + $5. postage.

ecmag_zpsxymlw9uy.jpg

PLANET OF THE APES MAGAZINE IS SOLD!

Planet of the Apes Magazine #1 1974. Has photos, comic book and info on the movie. A very nice copy. Tight and clean with tight, square spine. No tears or creases. Has a few tiny "marvel chips" on edges but hardly worth mentioning. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. Price $25. + $5. postage.

planetapesmag1_zpsios04mfx.jpg

planetapesmag2_zpsqls43e1l.jpg

SHOCK MAGAZINE LOT IS SOLD!

Now, if you are a pre-code horror collector like me and want to read some grusome stuff, this lot is for you. Here are (9) issues of Shock Magazine from 1969-1970. Included are these issues: #1,2,3,4,5,6,8,V2#2 and V2#4. These are full of wild pre-code horror reprints in black and white from such notorious titles such as Mr. Mystery, Weird Mysteries and others. Some wild stuff here. These are in amazing condition for magazines of this era. Looks like they were read once and carefully put away. Beautiful, bright, clean, tight copies. Tight, smooth spines and bright gloss. No tears, creases or pieces missing. Just the most minor wear. Great lot! Price $150. + your choice of postage: $15. standard or $5. media mail with tracking.

Here is some of what is awaiting you...

shockmag11_zpsyo7bhscf.jpg

shockmag12_zpsc2vysuml.jpg

shockmag13_zpsk4shogml.jpg

shockmag10_zpsukrulvzy.jpg

shockmag14_zpsdvaqer88.jpg

shockmag1a_zpskyajru5n.jpg

shockmag2a_zps8eishdut.jpg

shockmag3a_zpsg8iihx7b.jpg

shockmag4a_zpsbwewevka.jpg

shockmag5a_zpsi5gcwumj.jpg

shockmag6a_zpskmvbxdyn.jpg

shockmag7a_zpsalk7uyku.jpg

shockmag8a_zps6o1e0ihv.jpg

shockmag9a_zpsvj2wqtai.jpg

Planet of the Apes Magazine #1 1974. Has photos, comic book and info on the movie. A very nice copy. Tight and clean with tight, square spine. No tears or creases. Has a few tiny "marvel chips" on edges but hardly worth mentioning. Interior paper is slightly yellowed but supple with no tears or creases. Price $25. + $5. postage.

:takeit:

PLANET OF THE APES MAGAZINE IS SOLD!

:takeit:

Thanks Comeaux it is yours! Thanks for the purchase!