• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

which is more important to get, brave and bold 28 or Justice League of America 1

33 posts in this topic

BB28 everyday, all-day long. More significant, cooler cover and rarer.

Yes and no. When you look at blue-label in 8.0 or better, JLA #1 is more rare with just 30 certified copies, while there are 39 of BB28.

Cherry-picker. :baiting:

BB 28 total CGC = 725

JLA 1 total CGC = 820

Also, if you just go one grade down to 7.5+ the numbers skew the other way.

Data is fun! :whee:

It's not really cherry picking. If you're a high-grade Silver Age key collector, it's all about 8.0 or better.

Really, all the high-grade Silver Age key collectors that I talk to are either about 7.0 and up or 8.5 and up. :shrug: :grin:

And yes, you definitely cherry-picked data. BB 28 is rarer than JLA 1, adding qualifiers doesn't change that fact....it just distorts it.

How is 8.0 or better distorting data? It's crystal clear.

I had an option to purchase either book about 4 years ago from Doug at Comic World. Both were in VF with extensive restoration. I remember at the time both guided for about the same money in VG, which is what I paid for it at the time...I chose the Justice League 1 because I needed it for my JLA run. In terms of investment, I would have been better off buying the other one, as it's gone up a lot more over the last several years. Regardless, I'm happy with my decision as I don't collect Brave & Bold. If past performance is any indication it would seem the Brave & Bold would be the better investment, if that's what motivates you.

Its like AF 15 and Spidey 1

More like AF 15 and Spidey 3.

(thumbs u

Absolutely

I am huge ASM fan, but now since owning an AF 15 I have no motivation in owning a ASM 1.

Its like AF 15 and Spidey 1

More like AF 15 and Spidey 3.

(thumbs u

Absolutely

I am huge ASM fan, but now since owning an AF 15 I have no motivation in owning a ASM 1.

Yes, the first thing that came to my mind was also the AF 15 to ASM 1 comparison.

The second thing that came to my mind was the Pep 22 to Archie 1 comparison since both of these books were valued the same in guide up to a few years ago, similar to how BB 28 and JLA 1 used to have the same guide valuation a couple decades ago.

Never could understand why the valuations were the same since the first appearances for both, especially in the case of the Pep, were rarer and obviously the one to get. (shrug)

Which is more important to get, brave and bold 28 or Justice League of America 1? I see Brave and the Bold 28 is their first appearance together, but you can get nicer copies of Justice League of America for relatively cheaper than Brave and Bold 28

You should get both.

Which is more important to get, brave and bold 28 or Justice League of America 1? I see Brave and the Bold 28 is their first appearance together, but you can get nicer copies of Justice League of America for relatively cheaper than Brave and Bold 28

BB 28 by an epic landslide.

New Mutants #98 is better to own than JLA #1.

I am not sure what book is more of a 2nd place finisher between GL 1, ASM 1, or JLA #1.

Just remember 2nd place is always the first loser. ;)