• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is left on your buying list as far as key SA comics go?

44 posts in this topic

This year I still want to add a BB28 to my collection then next year I am for sure going after a AF15 and hopefully also a FF1 both in mid grades.

After that I will still be missing the following books (these will be in 2017 to probably 2020):

SC4

Tales Suspense 39

Tales to Astonish 27 (Maybe not sure yet I want one or not)

Our Army at War 83

Strange Tales #110

Adventure Comics 247

I already own:

Hulk 1

Journey Into Mystery 83

X-Men 1

What about you guys?

Saving for an Adventure Comics 247-a nice CGC 3.0 or 3.5. A CGC 4.0 will probably be out of my range but perhaphs there's a good deal out there.

Also, I would like a Hulk 1--a nice 2.5 or 3.0--anything higher would be out of my price range.

A Showcase 13 would also be nice.

Still on the hit list: Several early issues of Showcase, a couple early Brave and Bold, Lois Lane 1, Fantastic Four 2, TOS 52. TTA 35, and a few random fill in issues.

I've had the SA Marvel mainstream titles complete more than once, but they have finally priced themselves out of my range, at least in any kind of decent grade.

25 years ago I was buying low-to-midgrade Avengers 1's for $30 or $40, and flipping them for $60 or $70. good luck with that nowadays, lol

Just as well, my interests these days run to GA DC and Fawcett, and PCH. MUCH of that material remains very affordable.

Hey all --

For myself, I'm squarely in the camp of looking for the major SA keys and still need a bunch of the big ones. Tops on my list are, in order --

JIM 83

TOS 39

FF 5

X-Men 1

Daredevil 1

ASM 1

I have an AF 15, FF 1, Hulk 1 (soon), Avengers 1 and 4, X-Men 4, TTA 35, FF 45 and (on a more minor note) FF 13, which is one of my all-time favorite books, covers, and characters.

Man, do I love the early SA of Marvel, when everything they touched turned to gold.

Dan

According to the top 50 Silver age list in the most recent Overstreet i am lacking

4) Showcase 4

tied for 5) BandB 28

13) Flash 105

15) Showcase 8

tie28) Lois Lane 1

tie28) sgt fury 1

tie28)Action 242

31) showcase 14

35)showcase 13

36)Showcase 6

38) TTA 35

39) Richie Rich 1

43) avengers 4

48) Flash 106

I have an interest in picking up the issues i am missing- i have undercopies of major keys if anyone wants to do some trading--GPA vs GPA on all trades.

I have the Marvel stuff, and I used to have the DC stuff, too.

I have sold all my silver DC except for the Kirby books. I've got my Hulk #1 coming back from CGC soon, and I'll be looking to sell it and buy a much rougher copy. I may do the same with Amazing Fantasy #15, if there's enough of a gap to make it worth doing.

So, I guess my answer is Hulk #1.

Lots!

For major SA keys, I only have:

AF15

ASM 1

TOS 39

DD 1

I would love to add a FF1 and JIM 83. An IH1 seems out of reach and no interest in XM1.

According to the OSPG top 50 SA keys, I only have two: TTA35 and Flash 106.

Both I lucked out on by finding them at a convenient time with a price foolish to pass up.

If I can continue to find others that way, I'll see what I can knock off.

If I had to pick one to aim for I'd say ASM #14 to me.

Lots!

For major SA keys, I only have:

AF15

ASM 1

TOS 39

DD 1

I would love to add a FF1 and JIM 83. An IH1 seems out of reach and no interest in XM1.

You need to man up and get a Hulk #1 already........ :baiting:

I've had all the Marvel SA keys but have sold a few also over the years.

I picked up a JIm 85 9.0 this month and an 8.5 jim 88 so I'm not particularly in a buying mode.

I no longer have:

Avengers 1,4

Xmen 1,4

JIM 83

Hulk 2-6

B&B 28

TEC 225

So if I were to buy any one issue these days I think it'd be a 7.0+ Avengers 1 or Hulk 2-6 and I wouldn't mind having the under appreciated Tec 225.

Also any Pre hero TOS slabs I need and GA will continue to be my major focus.