• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Woohoo! I am a sumbody...

16 posts in this topic

The full list of Q&As can be found here.

For example, my wonderful "interview" is here. Colin had sent out a request for submittals way back when and mine was one of the many.

Fun to get the newsletter and, at least, I didn't sound like a complete loser. :)

For example, my wonderful "interview" is here. Colin had sent out a request for submittals way back when and mine was one of the many.

Fun to get the newsletter and, at least, I didn't sound like a complete loser. :)

Holy Cow...it's been 7 1/2 years since I was featured? Where in the hell did the time go?

Holy Cow...it's been 7 1/2 years since I was featured? Where in the hell did the time go?

yeah, same here. The good thing is it looks like I filled the top 5 want list I had from back then!

Malvin

yeah, same here. The good thing is it looks like I filled the top 5 want list I had from back then!

Malvin

The only want list item I fulfilled was the one I specifically gave up on back then. lol

Malvin wrote:

[The good thing is it looks like I filled the top 5 want list I had from back then!

That made me go back and look. My want list was:

• A Curt Swan Legion of Super-Heroes piece like the Adventure #333 recreation in Tom Horvitz’s collection, the cover to issue #2 of the Official Legion of Super-Heroes Index in David Mandel’s collection, or issue #1 of the same series wherever it may be.
  • An H. G. Peter Wonder Woman especially some of the specialty pieces I’ve seen for sale
  • A Nick Cardy commission of a scene from the Aquaman/Mera wedding
  • A nice Wayne Boring Sunday especially if it features outer space or alien worlds
  • A Joe Shuster Superman – daily, Sunday, or painting

Re: Item 1 - Swan Legion

I lost out in the bidding for the Adv 333 recreation mentioned (Gary Land got it). I found out that Mark Waid knows where the cover to #1 is, but it's not coming free. I don't have enough money to entice David for #2. :)

However,I've met the first one with the 2 page flashback story. I wanted a Swan piece featuring lots of Legionnaires. This flashback features 7 Legionnaires and is inked in a style reminiscent of the glory days of Shooter/Swan/Klein.

ZlZoYHjn_1306151942551.jpg.

Re: Item 2 - H. G. Peter Wonder Woman

I got this covered at the end of last year. I'm very happy with this example. I'm a big early WW fan - that book was just so weird and wonderful with the art being a big part of its appeal to me

C0rLx2fR_0512140347061.jpg

Re: Item 3 - Nick Cardy Aquaman

I finally got the money together to do this, but Nick had finally put his pencil away. He passed not much later. Perhaps, I'll find an Aquaman page that I want one day.

Re: Items 3 and 4

No Shuster or Boring art, but someday.

All in all, I've done pretty well on that list over the last 4 years.